Question about Epson Perfection 2450 Photo Flatbed Scanner
Hi, please try the following solutions below to resolved that issue:
1. Trash & Reinstall scanner driver. You can go to http://support.epson.com to download the updated driver for this scanner.
2. Check conflicts on Device manager.
How to get device manager:
a. Right-Clicking on MY COMPUTER
b. Left-click on PROPERTIES.
c. Click on the HARDWARE tab, then DEVICE MANAGER.
In the Device Manager please for the following:
a. Any yellow or red X's, question marks or exclamation marks.
b. Under the Category of Imaging Devices - Check for Epson
If IMAGING DEVICES is listed, test the scanner from PAINT. If IMAGING DEVICES is not listed then the scanner is not being recognized. We would recommend trying another USB port or cable.
To scan in paint:
1. Click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT.
2. Click on FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA.
3. Choose COLOR PHOTO.
It is also possible that Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.
To start this process please follow the steps listed bellow.
1. Click on Start, go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window you will Performance and Maintenance, please left click that option.
3. Next we are looking for Administrative Tools, please left click on that option.
4. We are looking for the Services icon please left on that icon.
5. In the Services window we are going to scroll down to the bottom and look for the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service, Please Right click it with your right mouse button.
6. We want to select the STOP option with your left mouse button.
7. Next we want to Right click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service again and select the START option with your Left mouse button please.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2009 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
on Oct 28, 2010 | Cameras
Nov 27, 2009 | Cell Phones
Oct 08, 2009 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Jul 08, 2009 | Xerox DocuMate 152 Pass-Through Scanner
Nov 25, 2008 | HP xw6600 Workstation with 650W 80 PLUS...
Oct 07, 2007 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 70 Flatbed Scanner
Aug 25, 2007 | Epson Perfection V100 Flatbed Scanner
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: