Question about Air Purifiers
We purchased in Nov. 2004 the above product from the Avon, CT store which has since closed. We were going to go back there but since it's closed, we're looking for help on line. The product worked great until last night 6/10/08. The red cleaning light started blinking and we had just cleaned it that day. We also smelled a burning smell.
We were told back in 2004 that it was under a tenyear warranty. Please advise how to get assistance with this.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
had the same problem with ionic pro ca500. i took the unit apart and found a fuse that was blown and it works now. sorry but i don't know if there is any repair shops.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
The blue means the germicidal lamp is operating. Re: green light - Normal operation at all power levels involves a pre-programmed cycle of altering high and low air movement. Press the the green to override the regular power control setting and run the unit at maximum power for five minutes. Your previously selected power level will resume after the five minutes has elapsed.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
SOURCE: ionic breeze quadra
If you are talking about the 2 thin wires inside the unit, it can be fixed if you are good with taking things apart. You have to do an almost complete tear-down of all the internal components (many hidden screws). You can replace the broken wire with a .009 or .008 gauge E string for an electric guitar. This can be found at a local musical instrument store. The string must be cut to almost the exact length. The wire has a spring tension mount on a small circuit board. If the replacement wire is too long, there will be too much slack, too short and you will not be able to put it back together. I did this and it took me hours. I removed about 80 screws to disassemble it.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You don't want to remove both sides, just one side is fine.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jul 13, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Feb 19, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Jan 25, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Jan 02, 2009 | Air Purifiers
Aug 27, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Aug 14, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jul 15, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Mar 23, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® Air...
340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!