a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is for if the lines are thin and in the form of an arc across the screen.
You need to turn down the screen voltage for the blue and red CRT. I believe the access is through the front on that model.
1) Remove the front grill 2) There should be access panel you need to remove once you remove the front grill. This is where the screen voltage adjustment is located 3) Look for a small black box with six knobs on it. One row is for "Focus" and one row is for "screen". It will be marked, but probably need a flashlight to see which row it is. There will be a "R", "G" and "B" next to each knob to represent Red, Green Blue respectively.
4) Careful with the access panel removed, you are only inches away from very dangerous voltages. 5) slowly turn the R or B knob counterclockwise until the lines on the screen disappear. Keep your hands away from everything else and only use one hand near the tv. put the other hand behind your back.
6) Once corrected, replace the panel and put the grill cover back on.
I have the same tv model KDL-40W4100 and around the same age. At the moment I have 16 of
these horizontal lines
over the entire
screen and they seem to be grouped into 2 lines per row. They are also
around 4 inches and two pixel rows high. I have been looking over the
for months and found nothing to troubleshooting this issues. In the
last few weeks
more and more of these groups of lines have been showing up and now i am
up to 16 of them and it is becoming unwatchable. Any help from anyone
would be greatly appreciated. I also attached a picture to describe it better. Thanks!
Hi I had the same problem. Broken white lines across the top of the screen. This is called overscan. You need to go into the Setup menu, other settings. 16:9 overscan needs to be on. Hope this helps.It solved our problem.
We have aKDF-E42A10 for a bout 2 yearsnow and we now have 13 horizonal lines across the screen, they look like small square dotted lines across the entire screen from top to bottom. It be gan acouple of months ago as 2 of these lines that seemed to move up the screen. I called technical support and he made it sound like he never heard of the problem. I am very upset with sony right now. Anybody know how to fix the problem?ricedog
Uh-Oh.. Sounds like the BGA RAM in the video circuit. (These units are Intel based and Core 2 duo if posted correct).. We can repair if you need help and its under warranty and sorry its not a home remedy situation..