The file or folder could get corrupted due to improper turning off the PC like abrupt power cut
without an UPS backup and various other reasons.Unfortunately there is no guaranteed way to fix the
corrupted file/folder,but there are few things you could try that fixes the issue sometimes.
1) You can ask windows to check for errors and fix them.This may fixe the corrupted files or folders in some cases.Follow the steps below to run the error checking process.
- Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to
- Click Properties, and then click Tools.
- Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options
- Use one of the following procedures:
Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you
will receive the following message:
The disk check
could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to
some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting
Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you
restart the computer? Click Yes to schedule the disk
check, and then restart your computer to start the disk
- To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click
- To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad
sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors
check box, and then click Start.
- To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover
readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad
sectors check box, and then click Start.
Like I said there is no guarantee this would fix the issue but its worth the try.The only way to keep the folders or files safe is to make backup copies on another hard drive or CD/DVD.Do let me know if it helped.
Thanks for using Fixya!