Question about Printronix Line Matrix P5215 Printer
LOOKS TO BE A PROBLEM W/ THE PRINT HEAD NOT FIRING ALL THE PINS. PRINT OUT IS TO CLEAR. RIBBON HAS BEEN CHANGED AND I HAVE COMPARED SETTINGS W/ ANOTHER PRINTER THAT IS WORKING FINE.
I'm sure you have fixed this by now... But solution is...
Check the hammer phasing. Adjust hammer phasing if
6. On the control panel, press the = + > keys to unlock the ENTER key.
“ENTER SWITCH UNLOCKED” briefly displays. (If “LOCKED” displays,
simply press = and > again. This is the default key combination. The lock/
unlock key combination can be programmed by the user. If = + > does
not unlock ENTER, get the combination from the user.)
7. Press the ; key. “OFFLINE / DIAGNOSTICS” displays.
8. Press >. “DIAGNOSTICS / Printer Tests” displays.
9. Press >. “Printer Tests / Shift Recycle” displays.
10. Press ; until “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
11. Press ENTER. The display shows “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” and the
test begins. The current phasing value is printed on the left of the printed
pattern of all H’s. As the pattern prints, compare the H’s to the figure
below. If the phasing needs adjustment, go to step 12. If the phasing is
OK, go to step 15.
12. Press >: The current phase index displays. Press > again: An asterisk (*)
appears next to the phase value.
13. Press < to increase or ; to decrease the phasing index value, then press
ENTER to activate the value as it prints. Continue to increase or decrease
the phasing index until the pattern of H’s is acceptable.
14. Press = twice: “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
15. Press ENTER to stop the test.
16. Press CLEAR. “OFFLINE / CONFIG. CONTROL” displays.
17. Press = + > (or the key combination set by the user). “ENTER SWITCH
LOCKED” briefly displays.
Sinca Printers, Parts, & Repair
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 10, 2014 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 08, 2013 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 12, 2013 | Rimage Everest II Printer
Mar 09, 2011 | TallyGenicom 2280 Matrix Printer
Oct 23, 2009 | Zebra LP 2844 Thermal Printer
May 02, 2008 | Zebra Z4Mplus Label Printer
Apr 18, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: