Question about Durabrand Portable DVD
For some reason our portable dvd player (the one with the additional screen and games) won't play disney movies anymore. Whenever we put one in it says no valid disc. It plays stuff like dora and carebears and other little dvd's. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Most DVD players that would display such a message even with a known good disc inside signifies that the that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Duarbrand portable DVD players are no longer supported by Walmart because the company contracted to manufacture them is no longer in business. Ripoffreport.com has several complaints on the product line. Walmart has been exchanging the item.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2007 | RCA B27TF680 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Aug 06, 2012 | Curtis Sylvania SDVD7037 7-Inch Portable...
Jul 25, 2010 | Disney D7500PDD Portable DVD Player
Jan 05, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 07, 2008 | Disney Princess DVD Player
Feb 19, 2007 | Philips DVP642 DVD Player
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: