An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: New to htc
The half-white screen is definitely not a good sign. The "hold and tap" screen you see is the alignment screen normally seen at a "fresh" startup.
If this is the PPC6800 Mogul, there is a small pinhole reset button on the bottom of the unit. Using the stylus, push the button, This will "soft reset" the unit.
If this doesn't work, you can try hard resetting it:
1. Press and hold both softkeys on the device. (The soft keys are the buttons to the left and right of the center navigation wheel with the white dots on them) Keep these keys pressed, and at the same time, use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the bottom of your device.
2. Release the stylus but keep the softkeys pressed when you see the following message on your device screen: “Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?” 3. Slide open the keyboard, and press R to restore to factory default or press X to exit the hard reset process.
This may take a few tries, as it's hard to hold the buttons and push the reset button.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the white screen on your phone indicates that the screen on your phone is bad,and the only solution is to replace the screen of the phone,
The replacement of the htc tytn screen demands the physical approach of a highly skilled phone technician close to you to help you with the replacement of the screen.
On a note to the bottom half of the screen not working, just bring it in to an Apple store and they will give you a brand new one. Thats what happened to me the other day, no questions no problems. You don't need to download anything, just bring it in and they swap your sim card into a brand new one. But if you messed with it and they dont accept it then too bad for you.
Hold down the two soft-keys (the ones below the screen) and while
you have them held down you poke the reset button with your stylus.
You'll then see a message on the screen saying 'press R to reset, X to
exit'. Pressing the R key on the keyboard will hard-reset the device.
It'll now take a few minutes to reboot and load all of the operator
This procedure will hard reset the HTC TyTN, Vodofone v1605 and all other HTC Hermes variants.