- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is the only way to clear the code. You must have the remote to do this, it will not work without the remote. I work at an authorized Kenwood service center and tell you for certain that this is the only way it can be done. If you do not have a remote, you will either need to buy one or borrow one from somebody else who has a Kenwood radio. Most all Kenwood car stereo remotes will work, it does not need to be from the same model number but it must be a Kenwood car stereo remote. If you can not find a remote for this then you will need to take the radio to an authorized Kenwood service center and they will usually do it for a small fee.
The first step is the only part of this procedure that you do not use the remote.
1. During code request mode, press the Track UP key for at least 3 seconds while holding down the AUTO key. (– – – – will disappear) 2. Enter, “KCAR” with the remote controller as described below. • Press the remote controller 5 key twice, and press the Track Up key. (Enters a “K” ) • Press the remote controller 2 key three times, and press the Track Up key. (Enters a “C” ) • Press the remote controller 2 key once, and press the Track Up key. (Enters an “A” ) • Press the remote controller 7 key twice, and press the Track Up key. (Enters an “R” ) 3. Security function is canceled and unit sets to All-Off mode. 4. Code request mode appears if a mistake was made in entering the numbers.
I would look in all the papers that came with the truck and hope you have a manual for the radio. the security code was set when the radio was initially installed. its a theft deterrent. without the security code, you are out of luck and will need to get a new one but maybe you can try 0000 or 1111 or 1234 or something to that effect.
1. Forced Power ON mode (All models)
Even when the security (Mask key) is approved,
resetting the unit while holding the ATT and Preset 4
keys makes it possible to turn the power ON for 30
After 30 minutes have elapsed, it is not possible to
return to the previous condition unless the unit is reset
This is the only real way of clearing it but you need a remote
3. Simplified method of clearing the security code
(K Type only)
1. While the code entry is requested, press and hold the
VOL UP key for 3 seconds while holding the DISP key
pressed. (This should turn "----" off.)
2. Enter "KCAR" from the remote. (Same way as the 01
• Press the 5 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "K".)
• Press the 2 key on the remote 3 times, then press
the Track Up key. (This enters "C".)
• Press the 2 key on the remote once, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "A".)
• Press the 7 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "R".)
3. The security code is cleared and the unit enters the
ALL OFF mode.
4. If you commit a mistake in the code entry, the unit
enters the code request mode again.
To enter the radio code on most Renaults you do not use the buttons on the radio. Instead use the remote control buttons on the steering column.
The remote control has a rotary control, (either vol +/- or track/station +/-), use this to set each individual digit.
The bottom button on the controller moves to the next digit of the code.
When you have the correct code on the display, press and hold the bottom button to enter the code.
You should hear a beep and the radio should start up.
You have 3 attempts to enter the code. If an incorrect code is entered 3 times, then the radio will lock up for about 30 mins before it will allow you to try again. If this happens 3 times, then the radio will lock up permanently.
If you don't have the correct code, or the radio is locked, then there are companies which can re-code the radio.
this code was created and entered into the radio by the owner of this radio, not by kenwood this is an antitheft feature that cannot be undone without that person's help. Kenwood will not be able to "decode" this unit unfortunately