Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Having issues with area where ink sticks slide into... was needing yellow tablets, got one, but now it's not recognizing it -- and yes, I tried to re-seat the tablet, etc.
Tech Support said may need a tech to come out and clean the grooves and clean the heater-heads... this will cost a bundle.
SO -- ignoring any warnings -- has anyone figured out how to remove that cover yourself yet, and what solution would I use to clean those heads, alcohol???
Hey, here is a video I made displaying how to replace the ink loader, also shows you the current part #'s. This will fix almost all error codes starting w/ 09,0XX.XX (where the XX's are the rest of the error code) Hope this helps any1 trying to do this. GOOD LUCK!
Posted on May 26, 2011
I found two postings on a different forum that may be helpful to many. Turns out that I don't need to take it apart after going through these steps:
Troubleshooting procedure for error codes relating to the 8500/8550 Ink loader.
This may include: Low ink error, add ink error or 09,035. Error codes and more.
1) Press and hold the red button (info button) and the “OK” button simultaneously. This should take you into the Service Tools menu.
2) When in the Service Tools menu, scroll down to the “Enter Diagnostics” menu. Select the “OK” button. It will go through some cycling at this time for about 2 minutes. The screen may go blank a few times too.
3) It then asks for a confirmation, select “ok” again. The printer will go through a minute of rebooting. The screen may go blank a few times too. You are waiting for the diagnostic menu with the Test #00 “no test selected”
4) At this point hit the down arrow button until you reach the test #76. Select “OK”
5) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
6) Then hit the down arrow button again and select the next test #75. Select “OK”
7) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
8) Then hit the up arrow until you go over test 100 to test 01. “Exit diagnostics.”Select “OK”.
9) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
10) At this time the printer will again reboot for several minutes & then should come up to a ready to print.
BUT -- if you ever do need to get that cover off, this is how I'm told to do it:
Both side covers have to be taken off. There is a T20 torox screw in the rear for each side cover that has to be removed. The top cover (the cover over the display panel) has to be removed first. You open the top cover and use a screwdriver to pry the cover loose. Once the two side covers are removed the ink loader will lift right out of the printer. There are 2 cables that have to be disconnected to remove the ink loader from the printer
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 14, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 13, 2017 | In Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 13, 2017 | Canon PIXMA MX492 Wireless All-In-One...
Jan 08, 2017 | SHARP MX-3100N
Nov 20, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 18, 2014 | Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color...
May 07, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP230 Multifunction color...
Nov 28, 2007 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 30, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 04, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
498 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: