Question about RCA RC6001P DVD Player
It is telling us that the parental controls are locked and we didn't set any controls. I think we need the default password but we don't know it.
SOURCE: input password screen
i believe that the problem is in the movie itself it has a password somewhere on the case try playing it on antoher dvd , c if it does it agian windman
Posted on Jan 31, 2006
The best I can do for now is suggest entering 88888 as the password. This is the password as set by the manufacturer. If you or someone else has changed the password then I cannot help you. I do hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2011 | RCA DRC8295N DVD Recorder/VCR
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Nov 17, 2008 | RCA RC5220P DVD Player
Nov 11, 2008 | RCA Televison & Video
Sep 30, 2008 | RCA RC5240P
May 03, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 16, 2008 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Dec 29, 2007 | Mintek MDP-1070
Aug 24, 2007 | Zenith DVB412 DVD Player
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: