An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: USB not recognized
For it to recongnize, maybe try: 1: go to control panel 2:add hardware 3:connect your hardware device and click "yes i have connected the hardware" 4:scroll down and select install new hardware device 5:select install hardware that i manually select from a list 6:scroll down to windows portable devices 7:and choose MTP device this should make it so your ipod is now recognised by the computer ---John
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use the Five Rs to restore the iPod. You will lose the data that is currently on it if you restore but you can always re-sync the data to the iPod.
-=/ Daft Tech /=-
1. Plug the ipod USB cable into the bottom of the iPod Nano.
2. Plug the other end of the iPod USB cable into a free USB port on a Mac or PC computer.
3. Open the iTunes application by clicking on the Dock icon on a Mac or using the Start menu on a PC.
4. Click on the name of your iPod Nano under the "Devices" list in the iTunes window.
5. Click on the "Sync" button to establish a connection between your iPod and the computer.
6. Click on the eject symbol next to your iPod's name after the syncing process has finished.
7. Unplug your iPod Nano. The device will be unlocked and you will be able to access all normal features again.
once the battery dies completely...plug it to pc (itunes should pop up also) , when itunes comes up check for update of ipod it might need it....this shall stop the ipod from freezing up...have fun and enjoy
Try resetting the ipod while its connected to the computer by holding both the menu and center button at the same time for 6-10 seconds until you see an apple appear on the screen. You may need to repeat the reset. If this fails your looking at a hardware issue most likely. Good Luck.
I struggled with this issue for a while and finally found a post that helped me. Hold menu and the center buttons until the iPod turns off. Then, immediately hold the left and center buttons to pull up the iPod diagnostic menu. Scroll down to the option "Reset" and select it. My iPod was finally recognized by iTunes. Good luck :)