I set the phone up thru the computer , it connects to skype, and i can call, hear them, they cannot hear me. I have tried the mute unmute... nothing makes it better, there is no volume control I can see, and i ahve to be on the phone talking to scroll up or down, problem is that when no one hears you, they hang up, so no op to have them stay on long enough to try that. wahhhhhhhhh help me!!
I could hear the ring tone on mine, but couldn't hear the voice once they answered. Took the batteries out and disconnected the base for over 10 minutes, after I plugged it back in it was back to normal.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your skypin number should be associated with an account on skype. So all you have to do is to login using the associated account when you turn on your phone, do this by using the phone's controls to enter in your skype account and password.
I had something similar. After trying several things, I figured out,
that the power socket of the skype box was little shaky in my case. I
had to replace the adapter, because of different voltage in Germany.
Maybe the new plug doesn't fit exactly. After fixing this, the
connection is stable again. Worth to check it.
Yes, If your phone supports SIP then you should be able to program any service provider. On the other hand if this is a Skype only phone then you will not be able to use it with any other service besides Skype because they use a non-standard protocol. I tried looking up your phone and the closest I came was : http://www.amazon.com/Philips-VOIP8411B-37-Phone-System/dp/tech-data/B000ND75FW/ref=de_a_smtd
This says in the Tech Specs that it is voip client and softphone compatible (whatever that means). It doesnt say it is SIP compatible. So look up the user manual and if it says that your phone is SIP compatible then you should be able to program any VOIP service provider (90% of them are SIP based) but if all the manual mentions is Skype and nothing else, then you might be out of luck. Hope that helps! -AM
- You need to upgrade to the latest firmware. This is available from the Philips website. Make sure you select exactly the model of your phone. There are some instructions about how to upgrade the firmware in the manual
- Then you need to perform a reset of the system. ie: get a sharp tool and ram it into the tiny little hole on the black box which comes with the phone. If you don't do this after upgrading, it doesn' t work.
- One other tip is to check the firewall settings on your router allow the traffic in/out as well.
I called the Philips service center, and they were a bit useless, but they said if it doesn't work you could try taking the batteries out of the phone for 4 hours. Hmmmm... only try this if the above doesn't work!