My acer 4710 did not reboot bec. it was put off and on by my 2 yrs old niece and now it wont start to windows..it says we apologize for the inconvenience but the windows didnot startsuccesfully. a recent hardware or software change might have caused this..pls help me
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Windows key > All programs >Acer Empowering Technology>eRecovery management>Restore>Factory(Top of list)..
If computer will not boot.
Tune computer ON
When Acer splash is on screen hold Alt and keep pressing F10...
Select factory from top of list.
You will need a password , the default is "000000" (Six zeros).
Recommend you use the first option if you can...
1. Power on the machine.
2. At the ACER BIOS screen, hold the "Alt" key and press the "F10" key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click "Restore to Factory Default Settings" (the password is six zeros, 0.0.0.0.0.0.).
4. Click "OK" to continue.
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore the factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press "OK" to reboot unit.
***This will erase all your unsaved data!***
Running System Recovery from Windows
1. Click Start>All Programs>Acer Empowering Technology.
2. Select Acer eRecovery Management.
3. Select Restore (bottom of eRecovery screen).
4. Select Restore system to factory default (the password is six zeros, 0.0.0.0.0.0.).
5. Select Yes then Next, the system will reboot and start the recovery.
1. Reboot, and press F8.
2. Select Repair.
3. Select Reinstall Windows and follow prompts.
Hi mate, try removing all power sources, i.e. main power lead, main battery, bios battery, then press the power button for about 10 seconds to remove any residual charge on the motherboard. Apologies if you have already done this. If not update and flash to new bios... download here for your OS... http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_4710.html
dont panic, to get the operating system loaded, simply buy a cheap usb mouse and that should take over from the touchpad, i can't believe you were told to reinstall windows to solve a simple thing like that, uninstalling the touchpad in control panel in 'mice and pointing devices'; and restarting the notebook would have solved that one.
dont remov usb 2 support from intel . u just go to acer.com then selec ur region . then support > driver downlaods chose ur system type and download proper drivers approved by acer . those drivers wiill work fine