Actually the laptop was put on and off several times by my 2 yrs old niece and now it wont start to windows the comment that will apear to my screen is ..."we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start succesfully. a recent hardwre or software change might have caused this.............then i chse all the options like safe mode, safe mode w networking, last known config. and start windows normally but still it wont start.. how will i repair this..pls help me..i have to use my laptop bec i nid a job in the internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) You can set your boot options in your bios, watch as you laptop boots, you should see something like "Hit F2 to enter setup". Hit F2, select boot options then choose to boot from CD, HDD or external drive. Take care because you don't want to mess up your Bios. So read the screen carefully before changing anything. When you're happy, select save and exit then reboot, you should then boot from the device of choice in the order of choice.
2) Windows boot options, windows has several options for booting from, including safe mode. To do this, hit F8 several times while the laptop is booting, you should come to a screen with the several options on offer.
sometimes there are certain softwares that are already in the system and they have disable any file that might help applications like the itunes to work properly..... so i think you should reinstall the operating system if possible use windows 7
I do apologize for the inconvenience you have been facing.The reason why the laptop does not reboot to Windows even after reinstalling Windows is because the issue is with the hard drive not being recognized the reason for which you get a blinking line on the screen after the Acer logo .In this case I would suggest that if the laptop is under warranty please contact the Acer Technical support and have an order placed for repair.
Thank you for your time and best wishes for your effort.
Before restoring your machine to factory default please make sure that you mback up all your program and files to any external device.
Please follow the step by step procedure to restore your machine to factory default.
1. Make sure all programs are closed and shut down your Acer laptop by opening your Start menu and selecting "Shut Down" from the options for shutting down and restarting windows.
2. Detach any external hardware such as an external hard drive or printer.
3. Press the Power button to boot your Acer laptop.
4. Press "Alt + F10" on your keyboard when the Acer screen appears at the start of the boot up process. Wait a moment while Windows loads the reset files.
5. Select "Restore System from factory default" in the Acer eRecovery Management window.
6.Click "Next" on the next screen to continue. Click "Next" on the following destination information window. This will pop up a notice telling you that resetting your Acer laptop will erase all data and restore the laptop to its original settings and configuration.
7. Click "OK" in the notice window to proceed with resetting your Acer laptop.
8. Wait while your Acer laptop is reset to factory settings.
Should you have any other questions please just leave a comment.
You prob dont want to use windows.. Windows even running from a network will use lots of memory.. You are right ubuntu is a great way to make an old pc work great again.. Check out http://www.xubuntu.org/ that is the lightwieght verison of ubunutu and is easy to use..