I can do everything on this phone BUT call out! It has a dial tone but is not recognizing the keys when you dial. Remains at dial tone. I am able to pick up calls and see caller ID, just not place a call. Please help!!!
I just encountered this same problem on my phone. To resolve, you must hard reset the phone as follows: unplug power cord, unplug phone cord, remove all batteries. Leave disconnected in this state for at least 10 minutes. Now reconnect in following order: reinstalling batteries, reattach the phone cord followed by plugging in the power cord. This restores the phone to the original settings. You will lose items in memory, but the phone dial function should be restored. This was recommended by customer service and resolved my issue which sounds identical to yours. You can now proceed with resetting up your phone as desired.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) When the phone is in standby mode, press and hold the caller id/menu key. 2) Press the vol/ / key three times to select Dial. 3) Press the select key to toggle between Tone and Pulse. 4) Press the end key or return the handset to the base unit to complete the setting. The handset returns to standby mode. This phone also has a feature that allows you to use Pulse dialing to make calls, but allows you to switch to tone dialing for automated systems (like “Please Press 1 for English) here are the steps for that: Initially make your call with the pulse dialing mode. Once your call connects, press the */tone key. Enter the desired number. These digits will be sent as tone dialing. Once the call ends, the tone mode is canceled and pulse dialing mode resumes.
The dial may be defective and when you dial it is putting out erronous tones. When the Phone Company heres digits that do not correspond to a legal phone number it will give you a error tone or busy tone. It could be the phone got put on pulse and the line won't recognize the pulses
If it works sometimes, then it might be a problem with the phone or the phone line itself.
If it never works at all, then it's a problem with the services that the phone company has enabled/disabled on the line. If that's the case, call your phone company's repair line and explain the situation. They can check to confirm that the message waiting indicator service is provisioned on the line, or add it if it's not.
hold the select button down a few seconds until you'll see a 'tn' on the readout. this sets it to tone. hold it down again and it will set back to 'Pu' for pulse. i figured this out by accident. the losers at vtech never answered my question.
TONE/PULSE DIALING This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing: 1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep. 2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing. 3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.
If the 900MHZ phone is Model 26928M programming for rotary dial usually goes like below, can't hurt to try on any model.
This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for
touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing:
1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep.
2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing.
3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.