- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Several different problems could prevent your dryer from running. Make sure that the door is firmly closed and hold down the start button for a couple of seconds to start the dryer. If you hear a click from the control board then the door switch and the control board are likely okay. You could have a blown thermal fuse or a broken belt in the dryer. To check these components,unplug the dryer and remove the bottom front service panel as shown in the first image below. With this panel removed, you can tell whether the drive belt is broken. If the drive belt is okay, I recommend checking the thermal fuse. This fuse is located on the blower housing as shown in the second image below. It will have light blue wires attached. To test the fuse, remove one wire and measure the resistance across the leads of the fuse with a volt/ohm meter. You should measure near zero ohms of resistance (continuity). If you measure infinite resistance, then the fuse is blown and will need to be replaced. You can verify that this is your failure by taping the contacts of the light blue wires together with electrical tape to "bypass" the thermal fuse. Reassemble the dryer and see if the motor runs with this fuse bypassed. If it does, then this verifies that the blown thermal fuse prevented the dryer from running and that this was the only failure. NOTE: Do not continue to run the dryer beyond this brief test with the thermal fuse bypassed. This component must be replaced. It is an important safety feature of the dryer.
You can order a new thermal fuse from the Sears PartsDirect website. The part number is 3392519.
The issue seems to be either
with the Thermal fuse which is located inside the rear panel to the exhaust
duct or the control board itself has gone bad. You can take a voltmeter and
check the thermal fuse for continuity, if it is open then replace the fuse else
the control should be replaced to solve this issue. Hope this helps...please
post back for further assistance.
Hi Thanks for using FixYa. As you have already checked everything else then the issue seems to be with the Thermal fuse going bad needs to be replaced.
It is mounted to the exhaust duct inside the
back cover panel. Also, often a dryer heating element burns out, but
doesn't trip the circuit breaker or blow a fuse. You can check it for continuity with an ohm meter, no continuity means it is bad and you need to replace it. If you have also checked this fuse already then the issue is with the control going bad and should be replaced. Please
do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further
assistance. Thanks Rylee
If the door switch or the door-switch actuator is defective, the dryer won't work and you need to replace the failed component. The switch is inside the dryer main housing near the door frame. Sometimes you need to raise or open the top or front of the dryer to reach the switch.
On many dryers, there's a thermal fuse (a heat-sensitive fuse that blows if the dryer overheats) mounted to the exhaust duct inside the back cover panel. The fuse is about an inch long. It's usually embedded in black resin and mounted in a white plastic housing.
If the fuse has blown, it has no continuity. When this happens, your dryer either just stops heating, or it doesn't work at all. Be sure to inspect the venting/heating system before replacing the fuse to put the dryer back into operation. (You can't re-set this type of fuse.)
possible bad timer but first ck thermal fuse ..if top mount filter remove back fuse is small white object on blower housing ..if door mount filter remove bottom panel remove lint screen remove 2 screws each side holing lint screen housing in place fuse is behind it ..if fuse cks good suspect timer ..
go back to timer ck continuity with timer in any run postion from black to blue wire (i think..better ck wiring diagram under console..you're looking for the contacts in timer to make that control motor)
You may have blown one of the two circuit breakers at the building fuse box. Sometimes they are physically linked together so that both trip at the same time. This is how it's suppose to work but sometimes one will trip leaving you with half power but enough to work the minor circuits. Resetting the circuit breaker is an easy fix. If this doesn't work ohm out the thermal fuses. They are ususally accessable by lifting the top. With it open check that all connector are connected.