An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: How to change the Margins
Yurn on, carrige return to left margin. To move to the left, depress the MR or margin release key, back space to where you want margin. There usually a key that says code or mode, up on the top cover if it has not been cleaned off the 3 key is the margin left key and the 4 key is the margin right key. depress the code key and 3 key will set the left margin. Hope this helps...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The WW3 resets margins and tabs to default on every power up. If the margins change while you are typing then the silver shaft that nthe carrier slides on is probably gummy. A shot of WD40 on both sies of the shaft shouls free it up. Go to lexmark.com, click on support you will find a downloadable manual there.
To change or reset margins, the keys involved are the ALT key to the left of the spacebar, the #keys 3,4, & 5.
The ALT & '3' keys are used to bypass the set margins.
To bypass the left margin, move the carrier to the left margin. Press the ALT & '3' keys at the same time. Release them then backspace the carrier to the point the new margin is wanted. Press the ALT and '4' keys at the same time to set the new left margin.
To bypass the right margin, move the carrier to the right margin. Press the ALT & '3' keys at the same time. Release them and spacebar to the point where the new right margin is wanted. Press the ALT & '5' keys to set the new right margin.
The main thing to remember is to move the carrier to the point where the new margin is needed. ALT + 3 bypasses old margins, ALT + 4 sets the left margin, & ALT + 5 sets the right margin.
1) Move the carrier ro the place you want to set the left margin by using [SPACE BAR] or [BACKSPACE]. If you need to move outside the current left margin, press [ALT]+[M REL (3)]
2) Press [ALT]+[L MAR(4)]. The left margin is now set.
To set the Right margin:
1) Move the carrier ro the place you want to set the right margin by using [SPACE BAR] or [BACKSPACE]. If you need to move outside the current right margin, press [ALT]+[M REL (3)]
2) Press [ALT]+[R MAR(5)]. The right margin is now set.
That is directly out of the manual. I will upload the manual to FixYa, and you will be able to view it from the ML-500 Typewriter's product page: http://www.fixya.com/support/p131634-brother_ml_500_typewriter