I recently re-formatted my computer, i installed the printer..then it happens printer cannot be detected...im using the iP 1300 it used to work well. But now nothing. When I try the roller cleaning it functions, but thats all it does. It doesnt print anything at all... I HAVE THE INSTALLER cd it gets stuck at 33%. Tried to download driver to no avail... what should I do..
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: computer cannot detect printer
Go to the Control Panel, then open Printers and Faxes. If your Canon is listed remove it by right clicking and deleting. Check Add and Remove software to see if any part of Canon’s software is listed and delete it if it is. Leaving the printer on and connected, restart your system. This should force Windows to recognize the printer and install a compatible driver from its library. If successful, choose some document to print to see if the printer is now responding. If this is also successful, then try reinstalling Canon’s software to regain access to special features not part of the Win driver. Reformatting your drive is often not necessary and can cause the kind of problem you are experiencing; Restore works pretty good in most cases unless you picked up a really tenacious virus and couldn’t remove it any other way.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to install the software and the drivers to make this printer working. Normally it comes with the set up disc. IF you did now recieve one, you can check the printers manual and support site HERE
~ Check the unit physically. Try to copy stand alone.
~ Check if the drivers are properly installed
~ Check device manager/system profiler if the printer is detected
~ If the unit is on wireless connection, try network settings and ping the printer
~ If on usb connection, check printer icon
~ You can try to replace the usb cable or try a different computer
when you hook up your printer to your pc via USB...can the computer detect your printer? does it prompt out any msg such as new device is installed and ready to use or did it ask you to install the printer driver? if your pc can't detect your printer, replace the USB cable and try again.. and try to plug into a different USB port on your pc.. and if all fails, then most probably your printer main board is faulty...
You can follow the steps below to install a resident printer driver which is part of your operating system.
NOTE: Windows should detect and automatically install devices attached via the Parallel or USB ports on the computer. You should be able to attach the printer, and the "Plug and Play" feature will install the appropriate driver.
If the driver does not automatically install, please contact your Computer vendor. The "Plug and Play" feature may be disabled within your computer.
The resident driver installation should only be used if the printer is not detected and installed.
1. Start by opening the "Printers and Faxes" window. Click on "Add Printer" on the left hand side of the screen. 2. The "Add Printer Wizard" screen will come up. Click on "Next". 3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen, select "Local Printer" and place a check on "Automatically Detect and Install my Plug and Play Printer". Click on "Next". 4. Windows should report it will check for Plug and Play hardware. It should also detect and install the appropriate resident printer driver. 5. A window will appear and tell you when the process is completed.
*NOTE: If Windows does not detect your printer automatically, you can manually install the printer. Simply select EPSON under manufacturer and select your appropriate model under PRINTERS.
6. When the printer is installed, it will ask you if you would like to print a test page. Check "Yes", then click on "Next". 7. The next screen will display the settings for the printer. Click on "Finish" to complete the installation and print the test page.