- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instructions given below ton print a test page and check if black color prints. If not then clean and reseat the black cartridge. If issue persists then contact HP Support to replace problem cartridge if it is in warranty and not a refilled cartridge.
Press and hold the Power
button, and then open and close the top cover four times.
This issue can be due to fuser. I am sure you have changed the toner cartridge.
To confirm its a fuser issue, please perform the following:
1. Try printing a configuration page from tray 1, pull the top cover, as soon as the media is 60-70% inside the printer.
This would stop the paper before reaching the fusing assy.
2. Remove the paper and check if the line exist.
If exists, fuser is not faulty.
If it does not, then transfer roller, laser/scanner assy is faulty
- If fuser is faulty, perform the cleaning page as following
1. go to configure device > print quality > create/process cleaning page
perform cleaning page 5-6 times, however, if the line is due to fuser, then fuser needs to be changed.
Hi there sound to me like the toner cartridge is either faulty or leaking. Is it or has it been refilled if so remove cartridge vacuum out the insides of loose toner install brand new toner cartridge then test again. It cannot be the fuser unit as it will have quality problems all the time so try above and I hope it works for you.