- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Okidata B710 and B720 Maintenance Reqd. Reset Procedure
To enter the Diagnostics area:
Turn the printer power OFF.
Press and Hold the MENU^ and Enter buttons.
Turn the printer power ON (you can release these buttons as soon as "loading ... '' is displayed.
The Operator Panel reads "Diagnostics"
There is a list of Test Options and settings.
Press the Down Arrow highlight "Maintenance Info." Press the Enter button
The Operator Panel Display reads "Maintenance Info" with setting listed. Reset Maintenance reqd. is highlighted. Press Enter Reset Maint. Reqd. is displayed and Execute is highlighted.
The Display reads - Resetting Maintenance Required.
This completes the process.
Scanner Failure, Power Off and On' Message Displays on the Control Panel when Copying or Scanning
Issue The message 'Scanner failure, Power off and on' displays on the control panel of the product. This error usually occurs when trying to scan, to make copies, or during the product start up. Try the solutions in this document until the issue is resolved. It is not necessary to continue to the next solution if one solution resolves the issue. Solution one: Check the scanner light Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. While the product is making the copy, slightly lift the scanner lid to see if the scanner light is visible. CAUTION: Do not look directly at the light. It is not necessary to completely open the lid to see the light. If the scanner mechanism moves across the scan bed, but the light is not lit, click here to service the product . Solution two: Check operating conditions Extreme temperatures can affect the operation of the product. Make sure the operating conditions match those recommended in the User Guide provided with the product. Solution three: Check the power connections
1. Make sure that the product is connected directly to a grounded wall outlet and not plugged into a power strip. 2. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 3. If the error message persists, temporarily move the product to a different room or outlet, and then make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 4. Check the part number on the power supply to make sure that it matches the part number listed in the User Guide.
Solution four: Perform a power cycle
1. Turn the product off. 2. Unplug the power cord from the product. 3. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the product. 4. Turn the product on. 5. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution five: Reset the product Follow these steps to reset the product. Step one: Perform a partial reset
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 3 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. If the partial reset resolves the issue, do not continue to the semi-full reset.
Step two: Perform a semi-full reset CAUTION: Performing a semi-full reset deletes any phone numbers that are saved on the product.
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution six: Service the product If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Brother Error Codes
RAM clear (most models) Quickly press function * 2 8 6 4 Display should read maintenance Press 0 1 for a full ram clear, or 9 1 to retain user data Display should read reinit for a few moments then redisplay maintenance Press 9 9 to exit the maintenance mode
Other maintenance mode switches: 01 ram clear (see 91 below) 02 scanner initialize (feed a white sheet, then a black sheet) 05 white level 09 print test 10 modify soft switches 11 print configuration list 16 panel test 19 CML test 20 signal test 21 tonal test 23 filter RX 54 scan edge 55 scanner area 66 test print memo 75 display drum life (if enabled on laser models) 76 reset drum life counter (laser models) 91 parameter initialize (user programming remains intact) 95 protection
B2 error = scanner or power supply error
Brother 950/980: On copy or transmit they may produce black pages. Prone to bad scanner (CCD). Brother may provide a replacement CCD at no charge to the original owner. Sometimes leaving the unit unplugged for a few hours will solve the problem temporarily.
Brother HL600 series laser printer toner will work in the laser fax & multifunction machines (part number TN100HL = TN100PPF). Drum units may be interchangeable as well (?).
Brother 1350/1550/1950: Problem: Record paper jams. Solution: Replace upper shoot. P/N UF6058001. Although there seems to be nothing causing the jam, the upper shoot gets stress marks on the ends. Replace even though it is not broken.
Thermal Transfer Machines: Only one side of the page is printing. Caused by the printhead latch being cracked. The latch is blue in color there is one on each side of the printhead, replace both latches