Cannot reply or send any text messages, although I recieve them
I can phone out using my address book, and can dial numbers on the key pad, I can do everything else, but when I try to type a text message the phone freezes up and I cant do anything. I have to take the battery out to switch off. The phone is almost two years old, had it since new.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Welcome to FixYa!
Forwarding a text message varies in different models of Motorola Cellular phones.
I'm going to give you a generic answer since you have not stated the model# of your Motorola phone.
Open the text message that you want to forward.
Go to Edit mode. Click edit then,
For some models, it will work this way:
Go to the field where you input the recipients phone number.
Input the recipients phone number or search from your phone book.
Then press send.
For other models, it will work this way:
Click send while in the edit mode.
It will ask for the recipients phone number.
Input the phone number or search from your phone phone book.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Have a great day.
if the text come from a 5-digit number then premium texts can be stoped just by replying with the word "Stop" or "cancel" u should get an immediate responce back to confirm. If not call srcv provider to place individual block from that company if our recieving from an email address or actual 10-digit number
there are a few reasons that could be causing this.
1. You may have changed the message center routing number.
* Go to messages - options - message setup - text messages - profile - SMS settings(should be check marked, if not select activate) - Customize
* The message center number should be +13123149810(plus must be entered....hold 0 key for plus)
2. Text messaging pay per use has been taken off your account. dial 611 from your phone or 1-866-246-4852 (after hours call 866-801-3600) from another phone for customer service. request pay per use to be added to your phone, or purchase a messaging plan.
These should cover it. Make sure to power you r phone off and on after any changes.
Error message 38 means there was some type of problem with the number
to which you were texting. When sending a text message, make sure you
are sending the message to a ten-digit mobile number (assuming you are
in the US). If you're sending a text message to an entry you've saved
to your address book, make sure that you stored the number with area
code in your address book.
If all of that checks out, or if you've had no problems texting to this
exact number before, you will want to place a call to customer service
with your wireless service provider. They can look at message logs
within their network to see what happened and why the attempt failed.