Question about Gaggia Syncrony Espresso Machine
Hi, all. I'll appreciate your advise on this problem. It suddenly started to show this after more than 6 years usage. The machine was cleaned and de-scaled regularly even I have been using water softener at my house.
The symptom is as follows;
1. After selecting one of the three size coffee, the machine will grind the beans.
2. As soon as the grinding operation finishes, you will hear a few clicking sounds (which is normal) and the brewer mechanism is trying to move.
3. At this point, the display shows 'SELF TEST' and the brewer mechanism just go back to normal mode without brewing any fluid at all.
4. This happens regardless of the selected size of the coffee.
5. It was the same issue even when I used the pre-grounded coffee mode.
6. After this issue, if you open the side door, you can see lots of grounded coffee inside the dreck drawer and the bottom area of brewer mechanism.
Thank you for your help in advance.
You have a power control board(PCB) problem. The machine is restarting while trying to make coffee which would be like you turning the power off then on again. The only way to correct this would be to change the board.
If you would like to order the board you can do so by contacting us at www.cerinicoffee.com
Gaggia Parts and Cleaning supplies from www.CeriniCoffee.com
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2014 | Gaggia Titanium Espresso Machine
Dec 01, 2012 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Feb 10, 2011 | Gaggia Titanium Espresso Machine
Mar 01, 2010 | Gaggia Super Automatic Espresso Machine...
Mar 01, 2010 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Dec 30, 2009 | Saeco Incanto Classic Espresso Machine
Jun 18, 2009 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
Jan 03, 2009 | Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine
Dec 08, 2008 | Cuisinart Supreme Grind CCM-16PC Grinder
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: