Question about Compaq Computers & Internet
Turn your computer off. Turn your computer on. Hold down on the F8 and select safe mode while the computer is booting. Once your in safe mode and the windows desktop appears, restart your computer again and see if that corrected the problem.
If you don't get into windows via f8, it should tell you on the screen what the problem is. Which usually means reinstalling Windows.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Click Start
2. Click Shutdown/
3. The "Shut Down Windows" dialog box will be displayed/
4. Select "Shut Down" from the me
5.Start the system again.
6. When the Red Compaq logo appears press F8 repeatedly until prompted with the "Windows Startup
7. Select option 6 (Safemode Command Prompt) by pressing the down arrow key until Safe Mode Command Prompt is highlighted
8. Press Enter
9. At the C:\ prompt type D: and press Enter
10.At the D:\ prompt type CD CPQS and press Enter
11.At the D:\CPQS prompt type XQR press Enter
1. Click Start 2. Click Run 3. In the "Open" box type C:\CPQS\QUICKSR\FRESTORE.EXE Performing these steps should resolve this issue.
Also check his link if it helps:-
Pease get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com
Jul 04, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario SR1503wm PC Desktop
Dec 29, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Sep 13, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
May 07, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR2150NX PC Desktop
Jan 09, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1920NX PC Desktop
Dec 03, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario SR1123WM PC Desktop
Apr 24, 2008 | Compaq Presario SR1800NX Desktop PC
Feb 10, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario Media Center SR1750NX...
Dec 14, 2007 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!