Question about Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
We cannot find a lint filter on the machine but the washing is covered in lint when it comes out of the machine.
I attempted to locate an answer to resolve the issue for you, but you have not provided me with enough information to access my service database. Please observe the TIP below, and post me back and I will be happy to assist you further. Should you require more extensive consultation to help resolve your complaint(s), you may contact me through our premium chat service.
Always consult your user's manual first to find answers to common laundry problems. This will give you crucial information based on the specific model number of your machine. Below is a link to a popular website for obtaining manuals.
Tip: Always provide the complete information provided on the manufacturers product information data tag, located on the unit, and not in the user’s manual. This will help you acquire a more accurate and expeditious response to your complaint.
From past experience, this complaint is usually resolved with the use of adding more detergent, which softens the water and helps lint "slide" off your clothes As for the lint filter, try looking in the center of the agitator by removing the fabric softener dispenser...No guarantee that's where you will find it!
If my assistance helped resolve this issue, please show your appreciation by rating how effective my advice was in resolving this issue.
Dave E. (Illeagle)
"Your satisfaction is my personal reward"
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
SOURCE: washing machine lint trap
There is no trap per say. The lint catcher is self cleaning when the water is pumped out. It sounds like you are overloading it and the clothes are hitting the agitator. Operation should be agitation by water movement not beat by the plastic fins, run a wash cycle hot water no clothes to flush things out and try smaller loads.
Posted on Mar 14, 2010
Sears top load / direct drive washers don't have specific Lint Filters.
See the Use and Care manual for these washers for hints.
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Testimonial: "The answer was sent back quickly. The information was very helpful."
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here's the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the three 7mm screws under the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here's a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don't own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there's nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT - DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console - DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). "C00" will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 15, 2010
SOURCE: Cannot get out and clean
Manual is here...
Go to page 26 for instructions.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2015 | Washing Machines
Oct 16, 2014 | Dryers
Jan 15, 2013 | AEG Lavamat 72640 Front Load Washer
Jan 03, 2011 | Maytag Atlantis MAV9750A Top Load Washer
Jun 18, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 12, 2010 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Mar 14, 2010 | Kenmore 22622 Top Load Washer
Mar 10, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 01, 2014 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Jul 01, 2014 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: