- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Below are the specs to the type of memory that can be installed in the A75...it is very specific and cannot be anything else then what is listed. You have 512 mb built onto the motherboard, with one expansion slot. That slot can only hold up to 1 gb stick if the BIOS has been upgraded. Go to Toshiba support and make sure the BIOS on the machine is up to date so it will accept the larger stick of ram memory and make sure all the specs are right on the stick that you have.
Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*
Maximum Memory: 1536MB
Slots: 1 (1 bank of 1)
Standard Memory: 512, 768, or 1024MB (512MB non-removable)
No , you dont have to backup anything or reinstall anything when you perform a memory upgrade.
Look at the bottom of your laptop , there should be several covers. Consult the laptop manual which ones the memory cover (or just guess they are generally credit card sized/shape). When you have removed the memory cover , there should be a release lever either side of the existing memory module , which you can release and the stick just pops up gently for you to slide out. Then its just a matter of sliding the other one in and clicking the levers into place!
If you found this solution helpful , please rate my solution below
Your Favorites are stored in Cocuments ans Settings folder under your name and in the Favorites folder.
Eg. C:\Documents and Sttings\"your name"\Favorites
Copy the Favorites folder to a USB memory stick and then copy it to your 2nd computer in the C:\Documents and Sttings\"your name" folder - exactly as per your Toshiba.
To transfer your e-mail address book from one computer -
1. Open Outlook on your Toshiba, then click on File, then Export, then Address Book - save this file (remember the file name and the location where you saved this file.
2. Copy this file to a USB memory stick.
3. Open Outlook on the Gateway computer.
4. Then click in File, then Import, then Address Book, then to the USB memory stick (could be your E: drive) where the exported address book file is located.
A copy of the address book is now in your Gatway computer.