Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Washer will not lock door and start cycle then gives error code dl then f What is this?
Sounds like door lock issue but probably not lock itself remove top (3 screws) along back of top ..at rear of machine is control board ..if you are hearing a clicking noise at time door is supposed to be locking try wiggling connectors on control bd if i remember they are the pink wires if door locks then you have a bad connection on control bd may try wedging something under connector to help hold in place but only true fix is a control bd..good luck
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
SOURCE: Door won't lock
door lock inside the machine needs to be replaced.yes you can do it yourself!just two screws holding it on, get new one first and copy the way the old one is on,easy way is to remove outer part of the door seal,so you can put your hand in to hold door lock as you remove the two screws,get back to me if you have to.Close .Eire
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
1. Unplug washer.
2. Remove the outer portion of the door bellow. This is the gray rubber boot around the door. Feel around the edge of the door bellow where it attaches to the front of the washer. You will find a wire retaining hoop in the seam between the rubber and the front case. Follow this wire hoop to the bottom of the door bellow and you will find a tension spring. Carefully, stretch this spring apart and remove the wire hoop.
3. Pull the rubber bellow from the door facing on the front of the washer being careful not to rip or tear it. Once removed, fold the rubber backwards inside the drum so you can access behind the front panel. DO NOT remove the rubber bellow from the wash tub.
4. The door latch assembly is located behind the front panel of the washer on the right hand side. Locate and remove the three screws on the washer front that hold the door latch assembly in place. The whole assembly should come free from the washer front and be held by a plastic mounting bracket and several wire connectors.
5. Carefully remove the latch assembly from the plastic mounting bracket BEFORE attempting to unplug any wires. It makes it much easier to access if you do.
6. Unplug the wire connectors using care not to break any of the wires. You may want to write them down, but I believe they will only plug into their respective slots.
7. Remove the old door latch and install the new one in the reverse order of the steps I just presented to you. Plug the wires back in first, then place the whole assembly back into the plastic mounting bracket, and then reattach to the front of the washer.
8. Now, when you get the reinstalling the rubber door boot, you may want to get the assistance of a second pair of hands as it can be difficult sometimes to manipulate the wire retainer back into place. Carefully reattach the rubber bellow to the door facing on the front of the washer first.
9. Starting at the top of the door bellow at the 12 o'clock position begin inserting the wire hoop back into the groove. Work your way around with both hands to the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. (This is where you could use those second pair of hands). While holding a slight downward tension on the wire hoop to keep it in place, pull the tension spring apart enough to snap the remaining part of the hoop into place at the bottom. Once you've completed these steps make sure the door closes and latches properly. NEVER slam a door with an electronic latch. They can break easily.
Now plug the washer back in and test operate. NOTE: You can run diagnostics on these washers by referring to the tech sheet provided by the manufacturer. The tech sheet is located behind the lower panel under the door, or along the interior cabinet walls. Included, are instructions on how to run diagnostics and troubleshooting tips associated with the list of fault codes. It is recommended that this tech sheet remain inside the washer to prevent it from being lost.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
The door is not locked after 6 trials then the Central Control Unit (CCU) will enters a failure mode and the digital display flashes FdL. This is a door lock failure and the only viable solution is the replacement of the door lock and switch assembly.
Disconnect power to the washer and open the door. Remove the door gasket retaining hoop by stretching apart the retaining spring at the bottom of the door opening.
Gently peel the part of the door gasket near the door lock and switch assembly off the lip of the door opening outer lip. Remove enough of the door gasket to access the door lock and switch assembly behind the front panel.
Remove the three screws securing the door lock and switch assembly to the front panel and slightly lift then pull it back off the front panel and out of the out of the washer cabinet.
Connect the wiring harness to the new door lock and switch assembly one at a time then install it back in place behind the front panel.
Secure the door lock and switch assembly then put the eased part of the door gasket back over the outer lip of the door opening. Check that the door gasket is properly seated before putting back and securing the retaining hoop around the lip of the door opening and the door gasket.
Posted on Sep 24, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jul 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Aug 29, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 11, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jan 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Gold Duet GHW9400P 3.8 Cu. Ft....
Sep 23, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 21, 2007 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Mar 11, 2007 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
191 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: