Question about Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
I am getting error code "37,002.47:72864" on my Phaser 8400 and can not get it to clear nor can I find what this error means? Any one know what it means and how to clear it?
1 of two issues normally with that code. Either the print head has failed. Which is the most common problem,
2. The electronics module has lost the source voltage that runs those heaters.
3. As stated above the cable is loose.Both the print head and electronics module are quite expensive.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
The technical error message means:
The Printhead Left jetstack heater is not drawing the expected power from the power supply.
1) Make sure the AC plug is plugged into the wall and not a UPS or surge protector. Other things such as another printer, coffee maker or other electrical devices on the same circuit could cause a sag in AC demand from the Phaser, causing it to fail it's PEST (Print Engine Self Test).
2) Verify that the wall outlet's circuit is capable of delivering the correct amount of current to the Phaser, if it does, check how many other electrical devices (aka a desklamp, radio, etc.) are on the circuit.
3) If it's out of warranty, reseat the cables from the Printhead to the Electronics Module. If it's in warranty, place a service call on the unit.
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
Service Manual says:
37,020.47 = (8400) Strip Solenoid
37,020.47: Strip Solenoid disconnect.
The strip solenoid is not drawing the
The Solenoid (relay) may be bad, or the power to it is low.
The Stripper Solenoid positions the stripper blade. The solenoid mounts on the Upper Inner Duplex guide and activates the strip solenoid lever, which in turn rotates the Stripper Carriage
until it hits the transfix ground pins. This action causes the stripper blade to drop onto the deadband of the Drum.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Feb 12, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Sep 01, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jul 23, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400N Thermal Printer
Jun 02, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Feb 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8550DX Laser Printer
Jul 24, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
1,108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!