Re: rookie attempting to connect two computers via router...
To make sure its setup properly you should reset it up, to do this press the reset button on the back of router, and then when its up to a ready state acess it through your web browser. the adress is 192.168.2.1 ,then click the login button, the defualt password is blank. after that your are logged into the router you can run the setup wizard located on the left hand side of the page. once setup is complete you should be able to acess the internet.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There will be a lot of possible reasons on that, might be the wireless settings of your computer , you may try to remove all the old networks saved in your laptop and try connecting to it again,heres how
1. locate the wireless icon at the lower right hand corner of your laptop
2. Click on View available wireless settings
3. Click on Change advance Settings on the left side
4. You will have a small window with 3 tabs, one is general but just look for wireless tab
5. Box below you will see the list of the wireless name that was saved .
6. Delete everything, then make sure you apply it if there is or clicking on OK will do
7.Then try connecting again and make sure your password is correct.
or it might be your security application, try checking it and see if there's need to change especially if you got norton installed in your computer, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
You will need to check the wireless settings of the router is there any computer connected to the router ? If yes then you can open the router set up page on that computer. Router set up page is the page where you can check all the wireless settings of the router. Click here for step by step instructions
So if you connect the computer directly to the modem , it works . That means your modem is working properly. Your ISP is DSL connection. Now connect the modem to the router and the computer to the router. Open the router xet up page and change the settings of the router according to the type of connection you have. There are 2 types of connection in DSL. DHCP and PPPOE .
Connect the router directly via lan to your computer.
goto setup of the router: usuallly via the ip-adress of your router (see manual, usually: 192.168. ***.*)
Now look at the network security-settings .
It seems like your router is configured once without any issues. Ignore that error message if you are connected with the internet. The setup couldnt find the Network adapter or the router because it is know more a factory default settings. It is been configured already
Access the routers admin page with the hardwired pc. http://*gateway* right click network status on pc and get gateway. Google the model you have for the default passwords. Setup your wifi security then do the same to your laptop and attempt to connect again. Bad settings somewhere.
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router? -->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet? YES
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please) only this machine is connected but it is by.... (b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on? NO
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine
Correct installation of this cheap little piece of kit from Belkin might be the worst thing you ever do! If you find that Windows XP is freezing 10 times per day, just remove the wirelss adaptor and you will find that the problem disappears... The conclusion will be as obvious to you as to many other users.
You actually have a couple of issues here. Fix these in this order.
1.) Login to router and turn off wireless (if you're not wanting to use wireless)
2.) Connect the ADSL modem CAT5 port to the WAN port of the Belkin router.
3.) Login to router and turn on NAT and make sure DHCP is enabled.
4.) On your Windows machine turn on DHCP under the network settings.
This should allow your connection to be setup automatically and stop wireless access on the Belkin router.
Let me know if you need more help.