Question about Toshiba TEC B-472 Thermal Label Printer
You can set the sensor to either reflective or transmissive.
For the printer to maintain a constant print position it uses the transmissive sensor to detect the gap
between labels by measuring the amount of light passing through the media. When the media is preprinted,
the darker (or more dense) inks can interfere with this process causing paper jam errors. To get
around this problem a minimum threshold can be set for the sensor in the following way.
(1) The printer is in stand-by.
(2) Load a media roll in the usual way.
(3) Press the [PAUSE] key.
(4) The printer enters the pause mode.
(5) Press and hold the [PAUSE] key for at least 3
seconds in the pause state.
(6) The sensor type is displayed.
(7) Press the [FEED] key.
(8) The reflective sensor (black mark sensor) is selected.
(9) Press the [FEED] key again.
(10) The transmissive sensor (feed gap sensor) is selected.
(11) Press and hold the [PAUSE] key.
(12) The media is advanced until the [PAUSE] key is
(13) Release the [PAUSE] key when more than 1.5 labels
(tags) are advanced.
(Threshold setting is completed by this operation.)
(14) Press the [RESTART] key.
(15) The printer is in stand-by.
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2012 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Jul 30, 2012 | Toshiba TEC B-572 Printer
Aug 29, 2011 | Brother HL-4040CN Laser Printer
Jan 18, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
May 06, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
Sep 28, 2009 | Zebra Z4Mplus Label Printer
Jan 28, 2009 | Lexmark T640 Laser Printer
Apr 16, 2008 | Epson Stylus 1520 InkJet Color Printer
Oct 22, 2007 | Epson Stylus 1000 InkJet Printer
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!