My Nokia 1200 had a bit of water (not much, though) poured on it yesterday, and worked fine. However, its battery was low so it later turned off. When I got home and plugged in the charger, nothing happened at first. Several times a screen saying "Test Mode" appeared, but now my phone's all but dead. I can't even figure out how to open the casing to see if the circuit board needs cleaning.
I'm having the same problem as i type... a quick survey of forums showed that it happens most often with battery (hardware) compared to s/w problems. next time ur fone meets water(loo) remove the batteries immediately and the screen guard asap, too. allow them to dry for some hours and u should be fine
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
Nokia Phones usually gets into local mode when you are updating software or doing some software things on them ,
and main reason why they go into local mode is related with battery connectors because
nokia Fbus cables connects through the back cover of the phone and those cables
has some resistors to put the phone into local mode !
But the question is why your phone is getting into local mode ?
The problem i believe there must be some kind of water damage with your phone or with your battery !
Solution : You can easily check with another battery if you have one !
Otherwise you have to see some places those can repair your mobile phone
look for sulfate around terminals boil a cattle of water and pour water on top of both terminals slowly, do not touch terminals with your hand or avoid skin contact with Battery and terminals, after battery top is clean wipe of the top and look for caps, remove end caps negative and positive first and look at inside water level on battery, it has to cover the inside metals plates at list 1/2 inch, plates submerged on that water, if water is close or under metal plates level? add on the 12 reservoirs, do not over flood, Use any clean water, than no water, Distilled water is the best to use. .Check also main fuse or main key wires and connections, Check grown attached bolt to metal body. Check connection of Battery Main positive attached starter motor. Look at Battery exp warranty.
Press *3001#12345#. Scroll up 1 to FIELD TEST (some phones may say NET MONITOR instead of FIELD TEST) and SELECT. Scroll to ENABLED and press OK. Turn phone off and then back on. Signal strength is the upper or lower left number. After test mode is enabled it will stay in your regular menu. To easily get in or out, press MENU, up 1 FIELD TEST and SELECT or OK. Dial 00 to get out and 01 to get back in.