Question about RCA HDLP50W151 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Ballast Verification Process
1. Short out door switch (SP001)
2. Apply AC power and wait till DM module boots
3. Press power switch and observe spark gap on ballast
4. If spark gap arcs, suspect Lamp. If color wheel starts but ballast won’t strike
lamp, go to next step.
5. Measure BP252 on AC IN CBA for +300Vdc. If missing check door switch, cable
from AC IN CBA to switch and AC IN PCB. If correct go to next step.
6. Monitor pin 2 of BT251 for Ballast ON command from Light Engine. If present
suspect Ballast. If missing suspect Light Engine. Pin 5 of BT251 starts at 3.3V
after power switch is pressed and drops to .18V when the Light Engine sends the
start command. No change on pin 5 indicates Light Engine is suspect, change
on pin 5 with no ballast start, ballast is suspect.
Note: Lamp may arc but not start. Pin 5 of BT251 is "LAMP LIT" and goes to 1.48V
when lamp is lit. If ballast strikes lamp but lamp won’t stay lit, suspect Lamp.
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2011 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Jul 14, 2011 | Samsung HL-R5087W 50" HDTV-Ready...
Sep 03, 2010 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...
Aug 14, 2010 | Panasonic PT-50LC13 50" Rear Projection...
Aug 13, 2010 | Toshiba 50HM66 52" Television
Nov 20, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-65733 65" HDTV
Aug 06, 2009 | Samsung Projection Televisions
Aug 04, 2014 | RCA HDLP50W151 50" Rear Projection HDTV
698 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: