Question about Sewing Machines
I am trying to learn how to use the wide range of presser feet for Singer 222k that are not covered in the original manual.
I assume Singer gave instructions for their use - would these be in a collection somewhere, or has no-one ever tried to find/collate them?
Can anyone tell me where I can find these online, if possible, so that I could print/download those I need.
Many thanks for your efforts
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Contact the Singer HQ in your local country for your nearest dealer, or just ask them direct......they will have part numbers and prices for you.
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
These are the exact instructions from the Manual.
1. Select one of buttonhole patterns.
2. Replace the presser foot with the buttonhole foot. (Install presser foot with little red mark towards the front)
3. Insert the button into the buttonhole foot. (the part located in the back crescent shaped)
4. Lower the buttonhole lever (to the left of the needle) so that it drops down vertically between the stoppers A and B.
5. Carefully mark the position of buttonhole on your garment.
6. Place the fabric under the foot. Pull out the bobbin thread underneath the fabric to a length of about 4 inches to the rear.
7. Align the buttonhole mark on the fabric with the mark on the buttonhole foot, and then lower the buttonhole foot.
8. While holding the top thread, start the machine.
*Sewing will be completed automatically.
9. When sewing is finished, use a buttonhole opener to open up the frabric in the center of the buttonhole. Be careful not to cut anyt of the seam thread.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Had the same problem.
Open the cover where the light bulb is.
Follow the presser foot rod up into the machine.
You will find a metal keeper with a set screw facing the now open end of the machine.
That set screw has most likely come loose.
Since the presser foot is spring loaded to the down position leave the presser foot raising lever in the down position.
With your flat bladed screwdriver, gently push the metal keeper to it's lowest position. If it does not go easy, loosen the metal keeper set screw a bit. Lefty loosey.
Tighten the set screw on the metal keeper. Righty tighty.
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Apr 19, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jan 07, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Dec 10, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Jul 17, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Dec 15, 2014 | Singer Sewing 327K Sewing Machine
Sep 18, 2012 | Janome Harmony 1017 Sewing Machine
Sep 15, 2012 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jul 12, 2012 | Singer 4830
Jun 06, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: