Question about Samsung PCL545R 54" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

SP-54T5HP I have some tech background, i used to build large transformers, assemble the coils and cores for ETEL a Transformer company in NZ, assemble and fix pc's when i was bored, what would i need to repair my tv and are you able to guide me or should i just toss it out and start reading the news paper instead HAHA. So i need these STKs circuits, thanks resto15951.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    Visited the website for 3 consecutive days.

    Night Owl:

    An expert who has answered 10 or more questions between 12 midnight and 6am on the same day.

  • Expert
  • 92 Answers

I have walked friends in 2 different cities, over the phone and thru email ,how to replace STKs. Not that big a deal. Let me know who the manufacturer is, date when made, STK numbers and of course you know how to use a soldering iron.  
Go for it Bro !!

Posted on Jun 10, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

May I characterize a drained transformer from which the core, coil, and all free-flowing liquids have been removed by taking a wipe sample from the inside surface of the transformer?

Yes. However, the wipe sample results may only be used for purposes of disposal (i.e., the drained carcass is not authorized for use). Refer to the following table

Sep 14, 2016 | XPLOSIV Pop Cap Games - Con/Term...

1 Answer

How to know who is the manufacturer of this transformer

Best to get the make and model of the welder and go from there.

Mar 09, 2016 | Miller Welding Tools

1 Answer

How to make a transformer? What is the principle under it?

Do you mean an electrical transformer? You are far better off to buy one unless it is a special project. Constructing an efficient transformer is fiddly in the extreme.

The principle is that an alternating current (AC) voltage applied to a conductor will generate a fluctuating magnetic field around that conductor. The opposite also applies: a conductor in such a magnetic field will experience an AC current generated in it.

A transformer usually has 2 such conductors coiled around a common core, which intensifies and spreads the field. The voltage on the output side is controlled by the ratio of the 2 coiled conductors, or windings. So a transformer with 2000 windings on one side and 100 on the other has a ratio of 20:1. If a voltage of 240 VAC is applied to the first winding, a voltage of 12 VAC will appear on the other.

For calculation purposes the power is the same on both sides, so that lowering the AC voltage through a transformer implies raising the current at the same time, which can be handy. Therefore a transformer will often be rated by wattage, and input or output voltage. Note that a pure transformer will not work with or produce DC voltages, extra circuitry is required.

Dec 10, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

Can the two transformers be hooked in parallel to service a 500 W zone?

If you are talking about low voltage light transformers, then answer is probably NO... but you could try it and see if it works... but I am almost certain that both transformers will probably burn out.
Output is 12 Volt AC... the transformer coils will probably burn out because the waveform from each transformer cannot be guaranteed to be the same.... even if both transformers are seemingly identical and plugged into same outlet.

For additional information, read transformer installation tips on following page.

Power company transformers can be wired together in specific ways to produce 3-phase waveform, but these transformers are specifically engineered for the task. And the transformers do not combine the output (as you would be doing with yard transformer), instead each power company transformer produces 1 leg of power in a 3-leg power supply.


Water Heater Timers Save Money

Mar 14, 2015 | Hardware & Accessories

1 Answer

Schematic malibu 8100-9120-01

I don't think they post schematic for the transformer
But generally, the primary coil receives 120Volt AC input from household electrical outlet
And the secondary coil produces 12Volt AC output for the low voltage lights.
The 'coil' is a coil of insulated wire wrapped around a metal core. Two coils set side by side create a transformer... when primary is energized, the secondary responds to the magnetic field caused by primary core... resulting in a current that flows on the secondary coil.
Output voltage on secondary coil is determined by the number of wraps and diameter of wire.

Some transformers offer a choice of secondary output... Kichler for example... you can select 12-13-14-15 Volt AC output
This is achieved by the way the secondary coil is wrapped.... for less voltage a wire is tapped at one point on the coil... for more voltage, a wire is tapped at another point on coil. This gives the user several wire choices to connect the lights.


May 09, 2014 | Intermatic Malibu 300W Power Pack...

1 Answer

SD Tech, I saw your posts on Loewe Acondas shutting off right after powering on. I have had mine since 2002, purchased it in SD but I live in Park City UT now. This is a TV in my kids family room now and...

depends on several things, flatscreen sets do not have as long a life, 8 years would be unusual for one of them.

if the power light comes on then goes from green to red it may be the high voltage transformer; a issue common on these sets and easy to check out.

One thing will be when you turn it on you may hear a brief arc or squeek, I usually remove the back cover---the high voltage transformer or flyback as it is also called is the large black part on the right as you look from the back, it has a large red wire that goes up to the bell of the picture tube.

Take a close look where the iron core (its not iron but a ferrile material.)

Try to turn set on with back off, be watching flyback, if you see a momentary spark or arc from the core of it, it is your problem; soldered in but not hard to get at and only about 10 solder connections to deal with, Part number (transformer is black in color) is in white right on the part, google it and if it is bad available for under 60 dollars.

These sets have a few problems but this is by far the most common. I used to do factory repairs and actually have 3 new remotes for them(a little hard to find and expensive if you do).

The arc will only happen for a moment if it is the trouble, you have to be watching when you turn it on.


Mar 06, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a wurlitzer cd-carnegie jukebox and want to know can and how to add extra speakers ?

Speakers are connected to the output transformer assembly. It is a unit with two transformers and many screw terminals. There is a big red L on one transformer and a big red R on the other. If you don't have a manual, I can email you the connection diagram for the output transformer assembly. Please email me,

Dec 29, 2010 | Wurlitzer Jukebox CD Player

1 Answer

My Sanyo is making a noise that's been a little quite but now its louder and it would usually go away but its not. Please help I don't want to use the small tv

One anong your TVs transformers causing the problem. Usualy, on all tvs ferrite cored transformers are used. If the core of the transformer get loosed, it will make a whisling noise. To get the faulty transformer, you must open the back cover of the tv and listen which transformer makes noise. Usually core of LOT will vibrate. After recognising the transformer which makes noise, press its core with a wooden or plastic matereial to sure the transformer under concern is it or not. Fix its core joints with some super glue, without seperating it you can do that. Take caution. There are severel very high voltage points are ther inside the tv.

Oct 13, 2010 | Sanyo HT32744 32" TV

1 Answer

My 1200 is making a loud buzzing noise!

Yes, that large metal box is the housing for the transformer. Not too hard to replace, but if not done properly can cause serious damage to your turntable.

I've never heard of a transformer on these units causing a buzzing noise. Did you buy this used or new? If it's new, it's highly unlikely that the issue is with the transformer. However, we have been seeing some 'unusual' issues with Technics 1200s lately, which we attribute to a decline in quality standards @ Matsushita (Technics parent company).

The transformer can be purchased HERE. There really isn't much to replacing this part, just put it back exactly as you took it apart. Take pictures along the way, to help you if you get stuck. Also take some notes on where each part goes.

If you get stuck along the way, feel free to give us a call. Our service techs are masters with the 1200s, and we can walk you through it: 1.866.668.1596 ext 1


Apr 22, 2008 | Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable

1 Answer

My tv have a "background" acute noise

This is a problem in almost every tv set made as whats causeing this noise is a loosly wound coil or transformer thats vibrating so fast cause theres a tiny gap in between the windings that it makes a noise or "sings". Sorry to tell you to fix this problem could be a hit and miss thing as it could be in the deflection yolk on the neck of the picture tube ,the flyback transformer, the horizontal driver or power transformer or one of the many many coils on the circuit board. If you have no training on tvs then this is not a repair you should try. But to find out where the singing coil or transformer is could be very time consuming and if you do find it theres only a few small things you can do to try and stop the singing. Like sqeezing around the top and the bottom of a coil some silicon and letting it dry before you turn on the set or for a transformer you can take small homemade shims and stick them around the core or underneath but dont break the core!!! other then this simply replacing the part works most of the time too. Good Luck

May 30, 2006 | Sony KV-32S26 32" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung PCL545R 54" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

55 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74666 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Samsung Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides