Question about 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
I have a 2700HG-D, which I have been using with Qwest DSL service. I am now changing to Comcast cable service, and I will need a wireless router. Is it possibe to use only the router feature of the 2700? Can I connect the cable modem to the 2700 somehow and get a wireless signal? I'd like to avoid buying a new router if possible.
I am also facing the same switch from Qwest to Comcast... and yes, I too have a 2-Wire Gateway 2700HG-D. Did this router configuration work? If it's not reliable or unstable, I guess I'll need to opt for a new wireless router. Thanks in advance!
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
There's a way to make the gateway act as a router only but it's not really recommended since there's a possibility that the connection will not be as stable as it should.
anyways you can try the following steps in making your gateway act as a router (not really a router but just a switch and a wireless access point).
- access the router's web user interface by typing http://192.168.0.1 on your web browser
- then click on the "Advanced Configuration Settings"
- select the "Transparent Bridging" option (note: you must configure your wireless settings first before trying these steps since you might not be able to access the gateway's page anymore once you save the changes)
- set the vpi to 0 and vci to 32 if it asked you for those settings. next to 'ATM PVC Search' select the radio button next to Disable. ensure Bridged LLC is selected next to 'ATM Encapsulation'.
- then save the settings
- connect now the new modem to one of the ethernet ports of the 2700hg-d using an rj-45 or an ethernet cable
hope this'll help you.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2011 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Jan 24, 2010 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Dec 08, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Oct 29, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Oct 05, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Aug 18, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Jun 06, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Apr 02, 2009 | 2wire (1000-100052-000) 802.11g/b Wireless...
Sep 09, 2008 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Nov 01, 2007 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
1,658 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: