- Run Registry Editor (regedit).
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- In the right pane, double click on the Start value name.
- Change the value data to 4 to disable the removable USB mass storage device drive access
- To revert and re-enable the drive access for removable USB mass storage device driver, change back the value data for Start to its original default of 3.
The change will take effect immediately to block any USB mass storage device such as USB flash drive
USB key and portable harddisk from been used in the system, while still
allowing hardware components to work properly via USB connection. The
hack works in most Windows operating system such as Windows Vista, XP,
Windows Server 2008, 2003 and 2000.
For user who dare not to modify the registry manually, simply
download the following registration entries file to enable or disable
the USB drive
Extract the downloaded content in .ZIP format, and then double click on
the .REG file to open and apply or merge the registry values to system.
you can get technical help from a technician online
you can get in touch with them through the website
Toll Free: 877 407 9229