Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Micro Wave shuts down
it stops after 22 seconds, that means the controller has detected a
problem, usually a problem with the inverter or a bad magnetron.
Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.
You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
If your micro turns on ( meaning everything seems to be working from the control panel) and you aren't getting microwave energy to heat food..you may have any number of damaged or defective components : Magnetron Tube, Filament Power Supply or HV Capacitor.. None of which are something the untrained person should mess with. Even unplugged, there is High Voltage potential inside the electronics compartment. If it is less than a year old, it may still be under warranty.. otherwise.. the cost to repair would probably be higher than the cost to replace..
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
SOURCE: Blew an egg up in
Please post your complete model number so I may better assist you. I have posted a procedure on how to fine this information below.
But first just a warning on Microwaves....
THEY HOLD A POTENTIAL FATAL CHARGE EVEN WHEN THE POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED!
MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO CALL A TECHNICIAN TO SERVICE THIS APPLIANCE.
Whenever any electrical device trips a breaker usually this is a indication of either a ground short...a wire that may have been burnt...or power being over the capacity of what the breaker is capable of handling. I.E. your breaker is allowing 10 amps of power to your outlet but the appliance is sending 11 amps....thus tripping the breaker. The breaker acts as a safety for your home against fire.
Your microwave has a transformer in it. It increases this power internally to generate enough power for the magnetron to distribute a very high voltage to produce heat to your microwave. My guess is something has shorted and or the magnetron or transformer has shorted internally. Really not worth repairing.
My two suggestions to you would be to call a service tech to repair or simply replace the unit. A tech will charge you a minimum of $125.00 plus parts a nice new unit can be purchased for under $200.00
If you would like to pursue this repair you will need to know how to use a volt meter and be able to read a wiring schematic.
Please post your decision...
Posted on Feb 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2017 | Whirlpool WMH2175XVS Stainless Steel 1000...
Mar 05, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
Mar 05, 2017 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 26, 2010 | Maytag MMV4203D Microwave Oven
May 11, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD990W Microwave Oven
Apr 23, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharp R-1492 Microwave Oven
May 31, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 15, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 23, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens
589 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!