A red button on my Remote Control has stuck and the TV will not turn on. Instead of firing up the TV makes a repetitive clicking sound. I have disconnected power to the TV and removed the batteries from the Remote Control. I am happy to operate the TV manually until I can replace the Remote Control, but it seems the Remote Control has sent the TV a command that the TV cannot clear. Can you help. It's a long weekend here and no stores open till Tuesday.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No,the Dish Network satalite box signals require it own remote for it INFER RED INPUT and INFER RED OUTPUT signals.Call Dish Network customer service ask for a another original Dish Network remote.U pay $5 or $6 dollars a month for the satalite box as rental.They should wave the fee or charge u very little for a another remote.
I also have an LG TV. I used this 4 digit code: 0742. TO PROGRAM THE remote USING THE 4 DIGIT CODE:
1. Turn your TV on.
2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.
5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.
6. Press the standby button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).
Hi this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network; to program your remote control to your LG television you can most definitely try integrating a code to it. Some of the codes we have for the LG brand would be 678, 506, 520, 156, 766, and 627. To program the remote you would press and hold the T.V button at the top of the remote until all the other buttons light up in red once you see that all the other buttons light up you will enter one of the codes you have followed by the pound key (#), you will then see the T.V button light up 3 times. After this procedure you can try using your remote with your T.V and verify it works. There is also another way of programming the remote to your T.V in case the codes don't work that procedure is called Power Scan. On this procedure we actually search for the code instead of just integrating it to the remote. here is this link http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/power-scan-instructions here you will find the procedure and more information about your remote. Hope this helps if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at 1800-333-DISH.