- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you might have to uninstall both the dvd/cd + its drivers then reinstall them actually unplug the cd/dvd from its power cable then restart your computer plug it back in your computer should activate found new hardware or control panel admistrive tools,computer management,device manager scroll down cd dvd rom drives right click you can you can update driver,roll back driver,or select properties general troubleshoot, select driver click to reinstall drivers click update driver or uninstall then reinstall hope this helps
I have same DVD writer and I am facing the same problem. During R&D for such failure on google I came to know there are two different Laser Diodes for CD and DVD. CD read write is working for me. I think DVD r-w laser has some problems. I am currently looking for options to get the new laser diode. As soon I replace the diode and see my DVD writer working. I will upload the video to replace the diode for you all.
Hello, It would appear that the problem you are experiencing could be due to 1 of the 2 following items;
1. Re-install the software driver & software that came with the drive.
2. Set the region /Country that the drive will be working in or the language that you understand (USA=Region 1). It should be noted here that this option has a limitation of being changed up to 5 times but once it hits the fifth time the drive will be permanently set to that region and can not be changed anymore for the rest of the drives lifetime!!! The drive will usually work fine once it has been set (the default from the factory is ZERO (NOT SET)) and that may work fine for a while but it should be set to a region and it will understand all previously burnt /movie dvds that have this option set in the data already.