Question about Computers & Internet
I have funny ust scandal.exe viras pl help me how to remove
Here is more info on the critter:
1) Reboot windows in SAFE mode by pressing F8 during the
2) Use a virus remover like AVG or Kaspersky
3) Alternately remove the files manually.
4) If the files refuse to be removed, reporting a locked file
error, download a product called file unlocker:
a) unlocker1.8.5.exe or
b) who locked me from: http://www.dr-hoiby.com or
c) killbox.exe from: firstname.lastname@example.org
d) File Assasin from:
5) Any of these utilities will delete the file by brute foerce
6) Download Mike Lin's Startup monitor (all 3)
a) Control panel applet
b) Stand alone program
c) Resident startup monitor
These three utilities will allow you to audit startup keys
in your registry and automatically stop rogue programs
from installing themselves without your permission.
7) Remove all suspicious programs from registry startup
HKLM = HKey Local Machine
HKCU = HKey Current User ....
Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, Run SErvice, etc...
8) Install a reputable antivirus (with a license) and keep it
up to date:
e.g. AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee etc.
9) Disable most of the resident monitor function, because
these tend to slow your system down, BUT ....
Manually scan all downloaded files BEFORE
10) Download and install two free anti-spyware utilities:
AdAware by LafaSoft
SpyBot Search and Destroy
make sure you get these from the official sites,
beware of evil lookalikes.
11) Go to winternals WEB site, formerly Sysinternals,
and download security utilities by Mark Russinovich
(now at Microsoft)
Anti-rootkit and scanners for ADS
(Alternate Data Streams)
12) Go to F-Secure web-site, and download another anti-
root-kit utility called black light.
13) Download and install the Mozilla Firefox WEB browser,
never use Internet explorer (any version) except for
14) Install the following Firefox security plug-ins:
Finkan Secure Browsing
NoScript (Very important, stops evil scripts)
15) If you do all of the above, you will get very few viruses.
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Aug 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Mar 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 05, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Feb 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2007 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 Standard...
Dec 03, 2007 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 Standard...
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!