Question about LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My microwave over my stove
We have the service manual for this model and have uploaded it to our site here to help you.
A microwave can be dead for many reasons.
It may be the fuse, which is usually located on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.
Ifthe fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO)/ thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / bodyof the oven.
If it goes dead for a while during or after cookingthen comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causingthe magnetron thermostat to open.
Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.
Whenchecking thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should readopen, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
Ifit goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or closethe door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switchmount.
If it's intermittent or random, it may be a badconnection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, oreven an intermittent fuse.
You should do a continuity test onthe fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, ofcourse) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in,then test it again.
If you remove the fuse, then press the meterleads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made andmake a bad fuse appear to be good.
ForGoldstar / LG / L.G. parts, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate yourthoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
I'm confused. If it's 6 weeks old, you can get it repaired free.
If it's 1-1/2 years old, the manufacturer will cover the part cost of the magnetron (assuming that's what's wrong) and you will have to pay for labor and any other needed parts.
Also, the subject line mentions a model LMV1630ST while your message body mentions model LMV1680BB.
For Goldstar / LG / customer service, help, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat 8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here.
Chances are your problem is a bad magnetron, but it may be another high voltage part.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 28, 2008
Very common , You need to replace the switch membrain , this is the entire touch pad , they are not to much $ , and you should find it easy online.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
under the outer cover,its either a 10-15-or 20 amp ceramic safety fuse avail at most hardware stores, the amp rating is on the side of the fuse, if the new one blows then either the H.V. diode/capacitor or the magnetron can be suspects
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2015 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Dec 23, 2012 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Apr 05, 2012 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Jun 24, 2011 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Nov 23, 2009 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Sep 07, 2009 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Sep 01, 2008 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
May 02, 2008 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: