An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: My phone won't turn on!
Your phone needs to be flashed. flashing is where new firmware is installed into your phone and it will become as good as new. take it to a repair center where they will do it for you. it is risky to flash a phone on your own, you could end up destroying it.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ruby, try pressing and holding on button or you will have to reset.
Check the attached links,
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."
The problem might be the battery. Please charge it full. If the battery is fully charged and still it won`t boot up, try this methods.
1. Remove battery, wait for a few seconds,
2. Reinsert battery.
3. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWNbutton,
4. Then press and hold the POWERbutton
5. Then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons
6. Press VOLUME DOWN to selectFACTORY RESET, and then press thePOWER button
You can also use master reset. Hold down power button together with volume up or down button until you will see a screen in blue color with the logo>navigate and select wipe data/factory reset using your volume keys. Wait until your phone is completely rebooted.
Detached the SIM card to avoid contact deletion., likewise the SD card for file.
Looks like the software got corrupted , you need to do a hard reset the phone . To perform a hard reset 1. Pull out the stylus.2. With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN andENTER buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until you see this message on the screen: 4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press theVOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any otherbutton to cancel the reset.
PLease do a hard reset ... Here is how you do it .
1. Turn the phone off. If it's frozen or unresponsive, pull then replace the battery.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and power the phone back on.
3. Press Vol down for reset .
Thumps up if this works ..:-)
You might want to try a hard reset on the phone, it should put your phone back to normal if its a software issue, if its a hardware issue you might have to take the phone apart or send it in for repairs or warranty return.
You can hard reset your Motorola Droid if you want clear all of the data off of the device and start fresh. Here’s how it’s done.
1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons downuntil a yellow triangle appers.
3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).
4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.
You need to perform a hard reset on the phone. Follow these directions:
hese steps will wipe all data from the device. 1. Power off the phone. If the phone is frozen and won’t turn off using the Power button, pull the battery out. 2. With the device off, press and hold the Power andCamera buttons. 3. Release the Camera button when prompted to do so. 4. Press and hold the Volume Down button until a yellow exclamation mark appears on the screen. 5. Open the physical keyboard and press ALT + L, then press ALT + W to complete the hard reset of the Cliq.
1. Power off phone. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out.
2. Press and hold the Power and Camera
button at the same time. Release the Camera button
3. Press Volume Down key.
4. A yellow triangle will appear. Press on the screen just above the
5. Select option wipedata/factory reset (Alt + W).
The Backflip will then complete the hard reset.
Try resetting your device to factory settings, but before doing so, please take a backup of everything (contacts, messages, calender etc.)To reset the device:
1. Turn off the phone and pull out the stylus.
2. With the device
turned on, press
and hold the VOLUME DOWN
buttons, then press the RESET
button with the stylus tip.
button, but continue
pressing the VOLUME DOWN
and ENTER buttons until
you see this message
on the screen: "This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all your settings...." 4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER
buttons, then press
the VOLUME UP
button to perform the hard reset, or press any other
button to cancel the reset.
It might take a while to start the phone and check the WiFi after the phone has restarted. In case it still has the same issue, then it might be a hardware fault.