Question about Moen & Replacement Cartridge

2 Answers

Just replaced o rings in kitchen faucet but where do I put the silicone grease? Thanks

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 70 Answers

You put the silicone grease on ever rubber part, the o rings washers and stops

Posted on Oct 26, 2010

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

I assume you're talking about the spout O-rings, if so the spout rides only on these two O-rings so lubrication is imperative. Lube the new O-rings after you have installed them otherwise they are much more difficult to work with. I also lube inside part of the spout that rides on the O-rings. But here's my pro tip! Always remember when lubing anything to do with plumbing that 1. Use nothing but good food industry approved silicone grease. No "heat proof" grease and definitely no Vaseline! 2. Make sure that all parts that you want to grease are dry, as waterproof grease will not stick parts that are already wet.

Posted on Jan 02, 2015


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The single handle Delta kitchen faucet is very hard to swing back & forth. I was told by your company representaive that it needed O rings. The O rings have been sent to me, however no instructions...

remove the handle that turns water on and off , usually an allen wrench lift and swing back and forth at the same time. the spigot should come off. replace o rings lubricate with silicone grease reinstall spigot and handle

Oct 21, 2017 | Delta Faucet Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I replace a spout O-ring on an American Standard Jasmine Hi-Flow Kitchen Faucet, 3821.831 or .834. I'm trying to get the spout assembly off to get access to replace. Thanks in advance!

The base of spout is like a nut unscrew then lift off spout install new o-rings be sure to use plumbers grease or vaseline to coat new o-ring ,reinstall as was disassembled that should take care of problem.You may need a strap wrench to remove spout base nut.

Jun 03, 2011 | American Standard Jasmine 3821.831.295...

1 Answer

I have a Moen 7310 Legend Single Handle Kitchen Faucet. The faucet is difficult to move from either left or right. I am a female with arithritis. What can I do. If I have to remove the handle, would it...

not difficult to take apart, but might be difficult for you to put back together...

lots of steps to repairing the faucet, might be best to call a handyman in your area.
there are several items that need to be replaced, including the O-Rings for the spout (the reason it is difficult to move from left to right), the diverter, the cartridge.
everything needs to be cleaned and greased with non silicone faucet lubricant, not vasoline!

we can run you through the steps if you are brave enough to try and repair. otherwise, I would call a handy man, he can have this fixed in about 20 minutes time.

Aug 07, 2010 | Moen 7310 Legend Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

I have a leaking Delta single handle kitchen faucet, The leak is between the faucet and the knob at the top. I have replaced the ball, 2 springs, two seals, the cap with a notch in it washer for that and...

I may be able to help you. Some faucets are made with the option to have a base or to mount directly to the counter.The bigger washer might be the one that seals the faucet to the counter The leak out of the top of the faucet is probably caused from the plastic nut with the grooves in the top of it not being tight enough. The repair kit should have came with a tool that has a allen wrench on one end and two prongs on the other.Use the pronged end to tighten the plastic nut ,If the other parts where put in correctly this should cure your problem. If the faucet continues to leak you can get a pamplet that will give you instructions from a rep at the plumbing supply or on line in one of the sights for Delta Faucets.

Dec 13, 2009 | Delta 2402 Classic Single Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Danze kitchen faucet spout difficult to move from one side to the other in a double sink.

o-rings in the spout need to be greased or replaced...use silicon grease if you are greasing them....not petroleum based product.

Sep 28, 2009 | Danze Plumbing

1 Answer

It's been about 5 years with our Alira style kitchen faucet. All of a sudden the base wouldn't turn very well. Had handyman come in and he said the insides swell after a while, and you just can't turn the...

Rebuild kits are available but just remove the spout, clean the inside with scotch brite and put a THIN coat of food grade silicon grease or vaseline on the 'O' rings.

Jun 25, 2009 | Grohe 32 999 KD0 Alira Pull-Out Spray...

2 Answers

One handle kitchen faucet leaks

There are "o" rings in the area where it is leaking. You can get them at almost every hardware chain. Clean everything well with scotchbrite ant put silicon grease on before you put it back together.

Feb 21, 2009 | Kohler K-10416-BN Fort½ Single Control...

1 Answer

I am trying to replace the o'ring on my Kohler kitchen faucet 10416. The instructions ask me to pull out the spout to remove it from the body. However, regardless of how hard I pull, it refuses to come...

The o-ring(s) is expanded or stuck. Try spraying silicone lub (found it at most discount ro hardware stores)  Keep twisting it back and forth as you raise it up . Yes. You may have to force it up which will tear the old o-rings that you are going to replace anyway.   

Jan 31, 2009 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Moen & Replacement Cartridge  Logo

608 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Moen Home Experts


Level 3 Expert

4363 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

22408 Answers

Andrew Bugbee

Level 2 Expert

267 Answers

Are you a Moen Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides