Question about Cameras

2 Answers

Using battery charger overseas

Can I use this battery charger with my Embark voltage converter and adapters. the specs on the voltage converter are as follows:Model MW165OR-25A
input"220/240V, 7.5A 50/60Hz
output 11/120, 15A 50/60Hz
selectable power Output 50W/1875W for use with class II electronic devices
the canon charger -input-100V-240VAC 50/60 Hz 0.085A (100V) -0.05A(240V)

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

May be I have used a wrong charger and hence this problem. My battery is tested for full charge. But the camera does not operate on battery. I feel there is problem in the area of switching circuit between battery and external school power input. Clarify please.

Posted on Jul 08, 2016

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 203 Answers

It's alway suggested that you simply use plug adaptors to change shape of plugs for overseas-do not reduce voltage since most all chargers including yours support 220 or 110

Posted on Jun 07, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I will be traveling to Egypt in a month with a kodak easyshare m522, what will i need to purchase to charge this overseas?

In Egypt, they are using 220 V; Plug C. If your charger is using 220 V then you don't need to bring anything. You will need a voltage converter and plug adapter in order to use 110V chargers.

Oct 30, 2011 | Cameras


Samsung TL205 Battery Charger Samsung TL205 Charger

With the most high-quality camera battery charger,

Samsung TL205 Battery Charger

Description: Home Travel Charger
Input Voltage (AC): 100-240V 50-60HZ
Car Input Voltage (DC): 12-24V
Output Voltage: 4.2V/8.4V
Output Current: 600mA
Dimensions: 1.86" x 3.33" x 1.50"
Weight: 2.5oz (85g)
Color: Black

A. Direct Plug-In wall Samsung TL210 Battery Charger - No cable necessary
B. Samsung TL210 Battery Charger Output: DC 4.2V 600mA
C. 110-220 Volts - Works in every country in the world
D. AC Car Adapter - Charge your battery at home or in your car
E. Fast Charger 800mA - Charges most batteries in 60-120 minutes
F. LED Charger Indicator - Red light: needs charging, Green light: charging is complete
G. Samsung TL210 Digital Camera Battery with Manufacturer's 1 Year Warranty.
H. The Samsung TL210 Battery Charger is for charging your battery only. It does not work as AC adapter for your camera

on Sep 21, 2010 | Cameras

1 Answer

What are the differences in Nikon 'overseas' models as US models?

It depends. Nikon USA has a strong tendency to not honor warranties originating in other countries. If you feel you don't need the warranty, go for it.

There shouldn't be any differences in the batteries themselves. The chargers, of course, are adapted to the local voltage and outlet configuration.

May 16, 2010 | Cameras

2 Answers

Can the digital camera battery charger be used overseas?

Yes! dont worry about that. You may also check the voltage of the charger if its 100V-120V it means its capable to charged On a walloutlet that has 110V- 120V

Nov 09, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare C743 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Can I use my battery charget for my camara in Greece?

According to this link, it says that the charger is 110-220 volts. You can look on the label and it should say "110-220", and if so, you should be good with only an adaptor vs. having to use a voltage convertor.

Mar 20, 2009 | Panasonic Cameras

1 Answer

On the back of my Canon battery charger, CB-2LW, is a note to see the instruction manual for use countries other than the USA. I find no such information. Will I be able to use this charger in Scotland? ...

I had the exact same question. I found a copy of the "manual" here:

It just states that "the charger can be used with a power supply between
100 and 240V AC. Contact your nearest Canon service
center for information about plug adapters for overseas
• To prevent equipment breakdowns and excessive
heating, do not connect this charger to voltage
converters used by travelers, or special power sources"

I think it should be safe for use in Scotland with a plug adapter (not converter).

Aug 06, 2008 | Cameras

2 Answers

DiMAGE E201 overseas?

Yes. When using an AC adapter, please use the one suitable for the voltage level of your destination country. North America, Taiwan: AC adapter AC-1L; Europe (except UK) and Singapore: AC adapter AC-2L; UK and Hong Kong: AC adapter AC-2L; Japan: AC adapter AC-1L. You may have to switch video output mode between PAL and NTSC to view images on the television.

Sep 19, 2005 | Konica Minolta DiMAGE E201 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Can I use the battery charger BC-400 overseas?

No, you cannot. This is due, not only to the shape of the plug, but also to the fact that the AC cable for BC-400 do not comply with overseas regulations. Though the label on BC-400 indicates the voltage rating (100-240V), the durability of the power cord for each type of BC-400 differs respectively. Minolta has no responsibility for any damage or loss incurred by use of AC adapter or BC-400 not warranted in the region. The mentioned electric cords may not be inseted to the power receptacle. In this case please obtain the transform adaptor at the local dealers. (Please be noted that especially in China there are 5 or 6 types of plug .) Warning: Please be careful when pulling in/out the cord from the power receptacle for the electric shock prevention.

Sep 15, 2005 | Konica Minolta DiMAGE A1 Digital Camera

2 Answers

Overseas Use

If this is true, then why does the manual for my new PowerShot SD1100 IS say, "Do not connect compact power adapters or battery chargers to devices such as electrical transformers for foreign travel because it may lead to malfunctions, excessive heat generation, fire, electric shock or injury."

Is this just a standard disclaimer in case something weird happens by using a transformer to charge the battery?

Aug 31, 2005 | Canon PowerShot S20 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Overseas Use

Yes. The power supplies and battery chargers supplied with all Powershot Digital Cameras are designed to work on input voltages from 100-240 volts (50/60 Hz). The only item that you may need is a plug adapter that allows you to plug the U.S. type power supply or battery charger into the foreign type wall outlet. Plug adapters should be easily available at a local electronics store.

Aug 31, 2005 | Canon PowerShot S10 Digital Camera

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cameras Logo

Related Topics:

231 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cameras Experts


Level 3 Expert

98694 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

63291 Answers

Are you a Camera Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides