Question about Vtech Cordless 6041 Phone
Few things to be considered before you troubleshoot :-
1. Confirm proper installation of the telephone base and charger power adapters, and handset battery. You should only use the VTech power adapters provided with your telephone. Make sure the power adapters are connected to working electrical outlets that are not controlled by a wall switch.
2. Move the handset closer to the base. The operating range may vary with environmental conditions and time of use. There may be places within your environment that a cordless phone will not work well. If the problem only occurs in certain areas of your environment, you can conclude that there is nothing wrong with the phone. Consider trying a phone that operates on a different wireless frequency.
3. Other electronic products (i.e., 802.11 wireless networking products, radios, radio towers, pager towers, cell phones, intercoms, room monitors, televisions, personal computers, kitchen appliances and other cordless phones) can cause interference with your cordless phone. Try installing your phone as far away as possible from these types of electronic devices.
4. To get better reception, try moving the telephone base to higher location. Relocate telephone base near a window if using telephone outside.
After this follow the below tricks :-
1. Recradle the handset for 15 seconds, then lift the handset and press TALK.
2. You may need to reset your telephone system. Complete the following steps to reset the telephone system:
Step 1: Disconnect the power to the telephone base.
Step 2: Disconnect the handset batteries.
Step 3: Wait a few minutes and then reconnect the power to the telephone base.
Step 4: Reconnect the handset batteries.
Step 5: Wait about one minute for the handsets to re-establish a link with the telephone base and then test the phone again.
NOTE: After resetting the telephone system, you will need to reset the clock. If the time is not set, you will hear Time and Day Not Set when you listen to messages.
NOTE: If you have caller ID service, the time will automatically be updated whenever caller ID information is delivered. However, since caller ID delivers the date, rather than the day, you must program the year once so the system can derive the day of the week.
To set the day and time, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Using a handset, when the phone is not in use, press MENU.
Step 2: Press ?DIR or ?CID until you see SETTINGS; then press SELECT.
Step 3: Press ?DIR or ?CID until you see >Set date/time. Next, press SELECT.
Step 4: Press ? or ?, or use the dial pad to enter the month, then press SELECT.
Step 5: Press ? or ?, or use the dial pad to enter the date, then press SELECT.
Step 6: Press ? or ?, or use the dial pad to enter the year, then press SELECT.
Step 7: Press ? or ?, or use the dial pad to enter the hour, then press SELECT.
Step 8: Press ? or ?, or use the dial pad to enter the minute, then press SELECT.
Step 9: Press ? or ? to select AM or PM; then press SELECT. You will hear a confirmation beep.
Step 10: Press and hold OFF to return to the idle screen.
3. Take the phone out of the cradle (charger). Press and hold simultaneously for more than 5 seconds the red telephone-symbol key and the # key.
You will hear a confirmation tone and DE-REGISTRATION COMPLETE appears.
Now go to the OTHER phone (the MAIN phone). Take it out of its cradle and put the deregistered second handset in the MAIN cradle. The window displays a few messages and then REGISTRATION COMPLETE.
4. Go to Menu then select System Reset, then select Replacing base, then answer Yes. This will advise you to place in base to register and it will do so in about 5 seconds
If the problem persists, it is an inner cathode relay problem. The unit has to be sent for repair.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Base handset out of range
Try opening the phone battery compartment on the back of the phone, disconnecting the battery wire, then reconnecting the battery wire. Solved my "Out of Range" problem - phone came back on and worked properly.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2017 | Televison & Video
Nov 07, 2014 | Vtech Lands Phones
Jul 08, 2011 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Mar 02, 2011 | Angel Line Jenny Lind Cradle
Jun 14, 2010 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
May 25, 2010 | Uniden TRU9585 Cordless Phone
Sep 08, 2008 | Motorola Mobility SD4502 Cordless...
367 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: