Question about GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
There are few Steps that you could Verify and narrow down the problem :-
1. Compressor - Make sure that the Compressor should be working. When you ON the refrigerator, you could hear a clicking sound from the Compressor.Compressor could be Hot but not enough to lay eggs on it.
Note - In case, you find that the Compressor is Clicking and Shut Down the machine every now and then, more often that's an indication of Faulty Compressors. With most Brands, they do come up with 5 Years Warranty.
2. Make sure all the Fans are Working. I have seen many times, that the Fans are not working and the people are Inspecting other Components in the Refrigerator.They should also be running at Optimum Speed.
3. Do you see any Ice in the rear of the Freezer? More often - Frost. ( Not Crystal Clear ). If yes, take a Blower / Dryer and melt it. You would see a complete Difference.
4. Make sure that the Condensor Motor is working. If you could hear Condensor Fan is running, it always indicate that the Motor is Fine too.
5. How many times we never clean up the Evaporator Coils? We are using it for Years and we never clean it. So, if this is the Case, time to Take a Vacuum and clean the Evaporator Coils.
6. It could be a Defrost Problem. There are many Components but How could you make sure?
The Best Way - Disconnect the Power Supply and Unplug the Cord. Take everything out of the Refrigerator. Keep the Doors Open for 24 hours. After 24 hours, plug in the Cord and then Turn ON the refrigerator.If you see that there is Some improvement, more likely you have faulty Defrost System.
7. On other Occasions, i have Found Overload Relay to be one of the reasons. I solved many Problems where the Customer Actually Test and Find that the Overload Relay is at Fault.
Note - There could be Freon Leak or Gas Leak which i am not considering right now. You need to contact a Licensed Professional t check these.
Above mentioned are few steps that you follow to narrow down the problem. Unless call a repairman to fix the problem.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2014 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Replacement parts can be
purchased at any of the following web sites:
Before going to buy any parts
Go through this troubleshooting help links.
This is list of refrigerator problems,
which is normally faced in refrigerator.
You can go through the details, by clicking the link below:---
Refrigerator is not cooling properly?
Both refrigerator and freezer not cooling properly in refrigerator?
The ice maker not working: ---
Compressor not running on refrigerator?
Water dispenser not working on refrigerator?
These will help.
Dec 23, 2012 | Refrigerators
Sep 06, 2017 | GE GSH25JFR Side by Side Refrigerator
Dec 31, 2011 | GE Profile 25.6 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Sep 03, 2011 | GE WR30X10093 Refrigerator Icemaker Kit
Oct 17, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Nov 14, 2007 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!