Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Hi there, My Toshiba 37XV505D HDTV has a slight problem - the whole power button on the left hand side of the TV is broken. It pushes in as if it was on standby, but clearly it is not and it pushes like on standby many times on end.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 998 Answers

Try to use a contact cleaner, just apply it to the switch that has a problem. Try to remove the screw at the back of your tv it is marked with an arrow just follow the arrows. If you remove all the screw you can remove the cover of your tv then you will see the switch.

Posted on Oct 24, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya

6ya staff

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

My Toshiba 32in tv wont turn on..the sound works the screen just blinks once like it wants to turn on.i have a gaming system connected..the sound only plays


If your TV stays on and and you have sound, but no image then it is 90% chance that the problem is in the back light inverters and 10% it is the T-CON board.

OK, make it 9% to leave 1% for everything else.

Inverter boards are the two boards that sit on the left and right side of the TV, are connected between each other with a strip cable and both are connected straight to the power supply board.

One of them is likely bad.

I'd go replacing both.

it looks there are several different power supply boards for this model, which means there could be different inverters too.

So I do not want to mislead you and send you somewhere without knowing what's in your TV.

Open it up and look up the inverters, then find some alphanumerical tokens on them - preferably on a label, but possibly printed on the board as well.

Then google for that.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Bobby @ www.coppelltvrepair.com

Feb 08, 2015 | Toshiba 32AV500U 32 in. LCD HDTV

2 Answers

Westington tv wont turn on


My tv is a Westinghouse**** Sometimes i move the tv slightly and the cord partially comes out at the side and i just push it in all the way and all is ok

Nov 30, 2013 | Westinghouse 46" Class LED-LCD 1080p 120Hz...

1 Answer

More detail --- Toshiba md20q42 tv/dvd combo not powering on, initially when it happened i Hit power button and lite came on and blinks for about 3 seconds then turns off--- now when i push power button...


Hi
It is probably a power supply problem associated with standby circuit. If this circuit is bad the set hardly comes on and fails. This is a task for a technician to trace the fault through the whole power supply.

Sully

Sep 22, 2013 | Toshiba MD20Q42 20" TV/DVD Combo

1 Answer

I heard a pop on the Toshiba rear projection TV (model #62hmx84) and immediately lost the picture


Sir the problem of your unit is the lamp try to replace it it is much better to use a gloves and wash your hand after replacing the lamp because this lamp contains mercury. follow this steps.
1. Unplug the unit to main ac outlet. Remove the bulb housing cover from the back of the TV. Using a screwdriver, carefully remove the cover to reveal the old bulb. Using a cloth, remove the bulb from the TV by first unplugging it from the wiring harness. Carefully rock the harness back and forth until it comes free from the bulb. Push in the bulb slightly and turn it a quarter-turn to remove it from the bulb housing.
2. Install the new bulb. Do not touch the new bulb with your fingers, as any grease or fingerprint from your hands will damage the tiny mirrors in the bulb. Instead, carefully handle the bulb using the cloth. Insert it into the bulb housing and secure the door. Test the unit. Plug in and turn on your Toshiba TV and make sure that the new bulb is installed properly and that the image looks crisp.

3.
Reset the lamp time counter. Each Toshiba TV comes with a lamp hour meter stored in its software. If you do not reset the lamp timer, the unit may stop operating when it gets to a certain time (refer to your manual because each Toshiba TV is slightly different). To reset your Toshiba lamp timer, turn off the TV, wait 10 seconds, hold down the "on," "menu" and "input" buttons on the remote at the same time, and turn the power back on. A yellow light should appear in the bottom corner of the TV indicating that the lamp timer has been reset.
Hope this help good day and best regards.


Sep 23, 2011 | Toshiba 62HMX84 62" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

Accidently pushed a button and then the tv went fuzzy so i pushed standby but nothing worked, then i pressed power and it keeps clicking on and off and wont stay on


Check power supply board located on the Right bottom board,in the middle is a 6amp Fuse it could be blowed.
Located on the Left Hand side should be the Big Black ICs will have part number on them STK392-110 ,Bad STK ICs can cause this also.
Mats Electronic Parts 1-800-628-1118 they will have ICs ,ect...

Jul 20, 2011 | Pioneer SD-533HD5 53" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

I have a Philips model number 50PL9220D/37 and it turns off after about 30 seconds and a red light on the left hand side of the power button comes on. Not sure what to do.


I have a Philips model Problem with the Philips 50PL9126D/37B 50 in. HDTV DLP TV I have a Philips model number 50PL9220D/37 and it turns off after about 30 seconds and a red light on the left hand side of the power button comes on. Not sure what to do.

Apr 22, 2011 | Philips 50PL9126D/37B 50" DLP TV

1 Answer

D52w19 rca hdtv.will not tourn on. when u push the


Hi Friend,
Please folliow the below steps one by one

Step 1: Turn on the TV

Step 2: Hold the ON/OFF Button for 10 to 20 Secs

Step 3:Without taking the hand from the ON/OFF button unplug the power cable connected to the wall outlet from the TV

Step 4:Without taking the hand from the ON/OFF button put the power cable back to the outlet

Step 5:Now take the hand from the ON/OFF Button and try to turn it ON again and check

If still you are having the same problem then please check the resolution configured in the Screen,try to reduce the Colour and the brightness of the TV

Even after that you are facing the same issue please check with the Display Card in the TV,

If you have any Clarification please feel free to contact us

Regards,
Ayyasam

Apr 03, 2010 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

Toshiba tecra 8200 power problem


The power button is on the LEFT side of the computer, under the Ctrl key, slightly closer to you. It is covered by a sliding door which slides BACK to open and expose the push-ON button.

Jun 13, 2009 | Toshiba Tecra 8200 Notebook

1 Answer

60PP9352 philip hdtv


Classic symptom - Your convergence chips are toast.You can 
get a repair kit with photo instructions from www.TvRepairKits.com. 

Sep 30, 2008 | Philips 60PP9352 60" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

119 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76140 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6034 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

85206 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...