Question about Computers & Internet
I have a apple I mac... i have heard that it could be dual booted with vista...if so plz guide me through
yes, vista can be installed on I-macs ...but i need to know which version of operating system do you have (whether it's leopard or tiger and version 10.5.2 or earlier)
I say so because new version of Leopard Operating system has a feature called "boot camp"... this is Apple's "bootloader" ... which means it will help you install windows Vista on Apple I-mac .
If you have genuin vista disk handy with you and after you have backed up all the data on the apple machine , this is what you gotta do....
1. Using the Finder, navigate through Applications, Utilities and run Boot Camp Assistant.
2. Click Continue on the Introduction screen.
3. Next, you will need to specify how you want your hard drive divided up for Windows. A separate partition will be created that Windows will use. Drag the divider to adjust the size for Windows as shown below. I recommend at least 15 GB to allow for the OS and some apps. When you are ready, click Partition and your disk will be prepared.
4. It is time to start the Windows installation. Insert your Windows Vista install DVD and click Start Installation. Your Mac will automatically reboot and boot to the install DVD.
5. Install Windows Vista as you would normally do. When asked where to install, select the partition called BOOTCAMP. You will need for format this partition with NTFS.
6. When Windows Vista has installed, remove the Windows Vista install DVD and insert your OS X 10.5 Leopard install DVD. Run the Boot Camp installer application and all the Windows drivers for your Apple hardware will be automatically installed.
7. When you want to switch to OS X or Windows, just reboot and hold down the Option key to select what partition to boot.
Posted on Jun 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Apr 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 20, 2012 | Samsung 15.6 Rv Series Desktop Replace...
Feb 09, 2012 | Apple Computers & Internet
Jul 23, 2009 | Apple MacBook Air 13.3" Laptop
Apr 08, 2009 | Apple MacBook Air with 13.3" Display
Jun 05, 2008 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
Nov 29, 2007 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!