My parental password doesn't work anymore. Can it be reset?
I have a Fisher DVD-SL30 manufactured in 2002 and it works great until recently. My parental password stopped working or it was changed somehow without me knowing. I am missing the manual and need to know how to either re-do the password or override it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Page 55 of the user manual shows a way you may be able to 'reset' the player back to factory defaults and/or if a parental lock has been set and the password is unknown/forgotten:
* Press the STOP button on the front of the unit while you press the STOP button on the remote control-keep pressing both buttons for approximately 3 seconds (until the 'padlock' icon disappears from the front panel display). Release both buttons (the player should be unlocked). If that doesn't work, try resetting the DVD/VCR (instructions are listed below).
* Reset the DVD/VCR: on the front of the unit, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button while you press and hold the STOP button-wait at least 3 seconds before you release both of the buttons.
You'll need to set up your menu preferences because this Reset Procedure returns the DVD/VCR's menus to the factory default settings and also erases the disc library.
Parental Control Blocks playback of rated DVDs based on their content. Not all discs are rated.
1. In DVD Stop mode, press SETUP. 2. Select Others > Parental. 3. Select the desired Parental Control rating from "1 Kids" to "8 Adult", then press ENTER. 4. Enter your password using the 0-9 keys, then press ENTER. • The factory default password is 3308. If you forget your password, this will always work.
Password Changes the Parental Control password. 1. In DVD Stop mode, press SETUP. 2. Select Others > Password. 3. Enter your old password using the 0-9 keys. 4. Enter your new password. 5. Re-enter your new password and press ENTER.
I finally figured it out. I have the same model DVD-9501pr bought from sears way back when dvd players were first coming out. Turn the dvd player on and HOLD DOWN THE STOP AND EJECT BUTTON (for about 5+ seconds) and the player will unlock itself.
According to the manual, "If you forget the password, you can erase your current password by pressing the number 8 button on the remote four times, thn press the enter button to confirm the setting. PASSWORD: 8888"
A picture of an unlocked lock indicates that Parent Lock is NOT active.
The best I can do for now is suggest entering 88888 as the password. This is the password as set by the manufacturer. If you or someone else has changed the password then I cannot help you. I do hope this helps.
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up".
Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!