Question about PC Desktops
Sorry for the multiple posts in a single day...
I have solved this issue!!! (In my case anyhow)
WARNING: What I am posting here can cause SERIOUS problems with your computer if you do not know what you are doing. If you doubt yourself, then DO NOT DO THIS.
Using information I found at: http://www.fixya.com/support/t567993-local_machine_installation_failed
Heres what I did:
1) I downloaded the latest version of RegSeeker (Link provided in the other fixya post referenced above).
2) I ONLY did a "Find in Registry". Typed "AVG" and did a search. (I searched for Grissoft as well, but it found nothing)
3) With the list of registry entries I then at the bottom, selected all using the "Select" link(with a green checkmark next to it.)
4) Using the "Action" Link (Also at the bottom) I deleted all.
5) Go to "C:\Program Files" and delete the "AVG" Folder.
6) Reboot machine
7) Start fresh install of AVG 8.0
8) Perform updates to AVG 8.0
AGAIN... This worked for me. IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU.
Changes to your registry by ANY means should NOT be done by those not familiar with operating systems.
For what it's worth.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
Error: Action failed for file avgmfx86.sys: starting service....
Posted on May 29, 2009
Whats it mean, this kind of problem?
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
You have to reinstall avg software
pleast tell me in brief when are you getting this message
brand of your computer and operating system
if its a DELL provide me the service tag
located on the right hand side of the tower
its located on a black sticker which has a 7 digit alphanumeric number
Posted on Jun 06, 2008
Thank you very much. I had the same problem on my hp pavilion DV4 laptop. I succeed after doing the same step three times. Trying again and again might help.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
the same problem also weak up all the night with out any solutions problem is icab instal avg 7 but not 8 .
i regognized somethig when i instal avg antimalware if i chose to install spyware the shield will not work if idont chose spyware the shild will work propably !!!!!!
Posted on May 17, 2008
this error message is connected with avg antivirus program. boot in safe mode and uninstall this program. boot up again and then re-install avg
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 12, 2009 | PC Desktops
Feb 24, 2009 | PC Desktops
Sep 19, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 28, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 03, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
13,919 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!