I would like to inform you that if you are using HP PC, then there is no need to install the drivers from the disc provided with the monitor. HP PC already has in-built monitor drivers. The default account in Vista from first boot is an admin account, monitor should plug and play and the correct INF file will install for the monitor.
Still, if you want to install the drivers from the disc provided with the monitor, then please follow the steps given below:
== Disable UAC settings ==
You might get access denied error message while installing the monitor drivers.
The error message might come up if the UAC (User Access Control) in Microsoft Windows Vista is kept enabled, hence not allowing the installation.
To resolve the issue please follow the steps given below :
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click User Accounts and Family Safety
4. Click User Accounts
5. Click Turn User Account Control On or Off
6. Uncheck the checkbox
7. Click OK
You will need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Now try to install the monitor drivers and check for the results.
If still the issue persists then :
Step 2 :
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> HP My Display -> Display Diagnostic Utility.
2. In the Display Diagnostic Utility click on “Clear Registry”. A Clean Reg Window would open, Click on “Yes”
3. On restart you will have “Other Devices” with “Generic Monitor” List under that same.
4. Continue the process of “Clean Registry” until you get “Other Devices” with “Generic Monitor” listed under that same.
5. Now insert the disc and install the drivers.
or Download the HP w2007 LCD Monitor Driver from the weblink provided below :
Now install the drivers.
6. Restart the computer.
7. This time it says "new hardware found with recommendation to install".
8. Cancel it.
9. Immediately, it gives option "Do not show the message again" and also says computer won't function if we select it.
Proceed by check marking it. You may be prompted to check mark it twice if prompted.
10. Restart the computer to check for the error message.
It will no more ask to install the monitor drivers.
Take your time, please try the steps and get back to us with the results.